Killing the cows, chickens, pigs, etc.

in slaughter houses?
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks

Thanks

I already know the process.

I just want to know if you guys do.

And if you still eat beef, pork, chicken, etc. after watching footage of the process.

Stop eating or don't watch this if you have a full stomache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nckyH4zo14

It's 7:11 minutes long, I think.

I think this is what gave me a headache last night.

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Necessary evils. I want food, I don't want to kill my food. Other people willing to handle the dirty work so I can have my food? Deal!

Too much goodness in meats to stop eating them because of the "process."

I won't turn into a wanna be rabbit, or gerbil and nibble on a side dish because a cow takes it in the head.

"A salad comes WITH a meal, a salad is NOT a meal. A salad is a promissory note that real food is on the way!" - John Pinette in "I'm Starving!" stand up special.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not? Vegetables are forced to live their entire lives in a genetically controlled mono-culture. After they are harvested, some are subjected to barbaric treatments like being boiled alive! I assume you still eat those.

I do tend to shy away from (especially) ground beef, and beef in general, for health reasons. Pork has never been a great favorite, though I like some pork products.

If you eat fish, you should see what they do to them, not to mention the countless innocents swept up, killed and discarded in most commercial fishing operations.

This is not to say that I do not support many of the ideas and movements toward more humane treatment of food animals.

But, while things are being improved, I will continue to eat whatever I deem fit, and/or I am willing to take a chance on.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZZaRD View Post
    Necessary evils. I want food, I don't want to kill my food. Other people willing to handle the dirty work so I can have my food? Deal!
    My sentiments exactly.
    Trinithis

Thanks

Meat tastes good. I like it. I eat it. And I don't mind or regret that.
    At least we're not walking around and chewing on animal carcasses.

As with what John said, yeah, they could do better, and I'd like that.

I must say, though, I'm more concerned with the practices that are dangerous for humans as well, such as genetic mutation that is dangerous (though it's certainly an interesting and promising science), antibiotics and unsanitary conditions in the slaughter houses.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

meat makes our blood acidic.

calcium neutralizes our blood

only source of calcium in our bodies is from our bones.

also, show me a carnivore that can move its jaw from side to side.

oh and since we are all carnivores. lets go outside, find a squirrel, use our carnivore like speed and claws, chase it down, slit its throat, then eat every piece of meat off of it down to the bone. no tools or cooking, that would be cheating.

and if any of you actually watched the whole video and it did not startle you, then i believe you are a robot.

the video actually gave me a headache last night, and drove me crazyyy

dont wanna go into detail.

now im not gonna stop entirely, but now ill make sure my clothes are not silk leather etc

and stop drinking milk, etc.

goshh i wish this guy could have talked to you for 60 min he did in my class. so convincing. how sanitized pus is in milk, how the animals are kept pregnant their whole lives causes their uterus's to fall out of their body, how they crab tubes through animals throats down to their stomach to fatten them up 10x more than natural.

how all diseases come from meat.

have u ever heard of being having heart attacks from too many apples?

how about too much meat?

its sickening, that video. they TORTURE the animals. its one thing if they just gas them or something, but they beat the hell out of them.

they take lives cows, stab their throats, have the gallons of blood pour down the drain... ahhh SICKENING!

what the hell! how can people do they as their job?

they should go work as a slave at nike before this...
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks

meat makes our blood acidic.
    but it also provides the majority of our daily protein intake.

calcium neutralizes our blood

only source of calcium in our bodies is from our bones.
    which among other things comes from dairy... eg cows

oh and since we are all carnivores. lets go outside, find a squirrel, use our carnivore like speed and claws, chase it down, slit its throat, then eat every piece of meat off of it down to the bone. no tools or cooking, that would be cheating.
    I realize this is satire, but Humans are actually Omnivores, since we eat both meat and vegetables.

and if any of you actually watched the whole video and it did not startle you, then i believe you are a robot.
    its called desensitation... 20 years ago it was taboo to show a toilet in a movie
    not to long before that there were nuns as teachers in just about every single school.

while I am not saying its fair... I am saying our perspective on what is morally right will continue to change.

its sickening, that video. they TORTURE the animals. its one thing if they just gas them or something, but they beat the hell out of them.

they take lives cows, stab their throats, have the gallons of blood pour down the drain... ahhh SICKENING!

what the hell! how can people do they as their job?
    join an animal rights activism movement?

Thanks

Profoundly stupid. Heh. That's exactly why we have meat processing plants and stores.

My mom was doing an all raw foods diet for some time, and it always puzzled me. Should could spend up to 3 hours a day preparing something, much of the time just imitating a real food. (ie, "Carrot Burgers")

Her tastes buds clearly adjusted, as she was very excited to eat things that were quite bland to the tastes of others. Fruit is an obvious example.

She eventually moved on, though is still eating little to no meat, but has since started eating a diet still mainly of salads, but with some cooked content as well.

//shrug

We made fire. We killed beasts. We eat them. We cook them. And, yes, there are many stupid, inhumane (though how important is that if they're going to die anyway?), and disgusting or unhealthy practices related to this.

As a side note, I ordered carpaccio the other day at an italian restaurant and it was strange. Kinda chewy. Disgusting by expectation, but not inherently, just different. I can't say I really liked it. Didn't even finish it. I certainly prefer my meat cooked. But, then again, I'm weird. Many like raw steaks; I like mine microwaved til thoroughly cooked. (I'm serious, too. Though, of course, I mean grilled/etc first.)

There are many things disgusting in life. We either choose to judge them as unfortunately or necessarily acceptable, or as disgusting and "wrong".

To name a few:
    Eating fruit/veggies with preservatives and/or dirt on them without proper cleaning.
    Chlorine in drinking water.
    Sex. (Now, no point getting into a long argument there, but consider it for a minute-- and that we just get over any strange/disgusting aspect, perhaps without even noticing it.)
    Shaking hands. (What is it? Like 1/10 wash their hands after using the restroom?)
    Public drinking fountains. (Perhaps just a personal thing, but at times, those are by far the most disgusting.)
    And, yes, we eat meat.
    Last edited by djr33; 11-20-2007 at 10:37 PM.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum