Thread: Form Processing

Thanks

Default Form Processing

Blizz,

The options that haven't been checked in the flash form - show as 'undefined' in the output text - can that be eliminated? Also, only the boxes that are checked should be included in the final text / the same with the text boxes - if not filled up then nothing should show up in the final result

Is is possible to do so ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

yes, as I stated in the other thread I can work with that. It is possible so no worries. Let me gather some codes and figure out which will be the best way to handle it from where we are now.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

I will be dissecting the file and AS tomorrow Night as I will have ample time to do so - I will let you know if there is anything that I need to change in the code or if I am having difficulty manipulating the code while adding new stuff to the form.

There was one thing I wanted to ask if you could do - as you rightly said the form is quite lengthy - It is quite obvious that the end user could get bored looking at the form and lose interest

I had an idea of putting a small arrow that would collapse [or expand] the topic needed to work on - eg: Connection - if one wants to use the check boxes in the connection topic - he has to click on the arrow - only then it will show the check boxes for this topic

-- I am afraid of the AS and the form output - hope that wont effect the outcome of the form - Can that be done

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That too can be done. You of course would then have to edit the AS, as the most obvious way would be to place each section in it's own MC and use the arrow MC to set visibility true:false;

Placing the checkboxes and stuff inside another MC would render the current AS unusable as it is referencing the wrong spot. tedious but not difficult.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Thats what I was afraid of - having to separate parts of the form in diff MC's

After piling diff MC's one below the other will the AS work to format the form data in the order we want it to be - it would be some data from here some from a diff place - How will the references be placed in AS to reference a diff MC

Thanks
    Blog Entries

it will go in the order the AS tells it too. Right now for example it goes top to bottom left to right. But you can change it to do the connections settings 1st and the contact section last, if you were so inclined.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Hi Blizz,
    Had a HDD crash - will take me a couple of days to get my system up and running - worst to add to it is a 16 hour power cut . If you could please help me get the 'undefined' stuff removed - so it does not appear in the final result.
    Regards - Gavin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Code:
    input1 = "";
    input2 = "";
    input26 = "";
    check1.text = "";
    check76.text = "";
    do that for the inputs and check boxes in the first frame of the scripts layer. It will set them all to blank to start with, then they will only change when they are written in or checked.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result