Thread: Radio Station

Thanks

Default Radio Station

What is the best way to go with a Radio Station? We want ads which a client can purchase, upload a banner and have start showing without our involvement, all from an admin page where they will create an account. Would like to have a header rotating banner, one on each side of the page (beyond a 800 viewport) and a footer rotating banner. We also want employee profiles, a blog, a streaming QT page or ten, and a few recorded video pages etc.

Any ideas it html, php or cgi is better? What is available already that could be converted for use as a radio station? Had looked into just using Auction software, but renaming links accordingly. Unfortunately it limits flexibility. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"Better" is what you are most comfortable with. HTML/php/SQL will probably be what you need for this though.

SQL Database will be needed to store all the things you want to save/show (banners, etc). The admin pages can be in php to post get and upload the images from the customers to the database and the main page can be php to pull from the database which banners/images/things to show.

The rest is basic (for the most part) page making skills and can be done in a variety of ways.

I doubt your going to find a turn-key solution for this, but I will look anyway.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

In addition to what Blizz said already, it would be hard to find an already made script for this with as much flexibility as you need. Your best bet would be to custom write this said script to suit your needs. For some basic advise/tutorials, check out the following sites:

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com
    http://www.php.net/tut.php

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

thanks a million. The tutorials are worth their pixels in gold!

Thanks

Thanks! I didn't expect an out of the box solution to be available, but at least now I know which route to persue! If you hear of anything, it would be great to know, but I will get started with what you have advised, and see what I can come up with!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well.. I found this Not sure what exactly you need or are looking for but it might help.

There was also this Windows HowTo that might be useful.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webform View Post
    Thanks! I didn't expect an out of the box solution to be available, but at least now I know which route to persue! If you hear of anything, it would be great to know, but I will get started with what you have advised, and see what I can come up with!
    Always remember, if you get stuck on any piece of coding you can always post here and get help.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

hey...I think it might be hard to find all that stuff in one package, but building on a streaming app and mixing in some ad management and stuff may be the ticket (as some people already indicated! ). You may find a few handy scripts on a site like Codango that you can team up to get the job done.

I ran a quick search for some radio station stuff...looks like there may be plenty of stuff for the streaming aspect of your site. http://codango.com/php/fnc/search/?t...adio%20station. Theres also video managers, etc...all of that. This project will probably take some creativity and melding on your side, but hopefully you can find some good scripts to work from?

Good luck! hope my advice is of some use to you?

Thanks

I think all the functions are in the following script:

Jamroom http://www.jamroom.net/

Designed more as a music website.

LLP.Toneranger