Thread: Website prices

Thanks

Default Website prices

Hello, i have a question... i want to set up i very small business of creating websites but i don't know how much to charge, i don't want to say so much because i will scared them... i know it depends on the website, but can you guys give me any examples?

Thanks

Well; as you said already, it really depends on the type of site. Something else to factor in is domain name services, website hosting, as well as the design portion of it. I'm not sure what a very reasonable price would be, but I can tell you that some of the web-design companies in the town I live in charge around $150 for 3 pages, no forms or anything like that. I think it is a rip off because they all use WYSIWYG editors (frontpage, golive, etc) to make these sites.

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

What's your time worth to you? Start from there as an hourly rate and adjust upward or downward as you think the market expects or will bear.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetestingsite View Post
    Well; as you said already, it really depends on the type of site. Something else to factor in is domain name services, website hosting, as well as the design portion of it. I'm not sure what a very reasonable price would be, but I can tell you that some of the web-design companies in the town I live in charge around $150 for 3 pages, no forms or anything like that. I think it is a rip off because they all use WYSIWYG editors (frontpage, golive, etc) to make these sites.

Hope this helps.
    You don't work to come home poor.
    Time is money.

$150 for 3 pages is pretty reasonable if the person's a good designer/coder.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Aye, I generally charge in the vicinity of GBP£20 (~USD$40) per hour.
    $150 for 3 pages is pretty reasonable if the person's a good designer/coder.
    Depending on how long it takes said person to come up with the design. Probably OK though.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

well, thanks alot for your anwers guys, i really appreciate it...