Thread: <NOBR> replacement in CSS

Thanks

Question <NOBR> replacement in CSS

Hello,
    I am working on a website that works on peoples websites. Now to impress them, I like to show off my W3C HTML 4.01 STRICT valid icon, but I came to a stump. In a table, there are 2 cells, One cell is 2/3's of the table (well It actually isn't, but to even it out, the browser sticks it out half way) and the other cell conatins "Hello, Please Login" or when the person is logged in, "Hello, a-username-here". However, this text is being pushed like this:
    Code:
    Hello,
    Please
    Log
    in
    So I used a <NOBR> tag to fix it, it worked, well almost, <NOBR> is not valid Strict. So here is my question (yes this was all leading up to it) Is there a way in css to replace the <NOBR> tag, or any other way to solve this problem (that is valid strict, yes I've tried <td width=500> , not valid).
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Code:
    white-space: nowrap;
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!