Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: flash form

Thanks

Hi Blizz,
    That was fantastic - You have done great in the current file - I have done some modifications - I have attached the file ' I did not know how to put a dropdown list box there so I just typed it to inform you'

- The check box is behaving like a Radio button - Also the info will have to appear one below the other. I need to add a Drop down list to it - for example - 'OS used' - Should have diff operating system names which we can select.

Blizz, There is something missing - that is : When the name is typed in the first box - on the next screen - it should appear as:

Client Name: John -- [for example]

Currently the next screen only shows the info typed in the text box

The end result of this form should appear as follows:

*************End Result**********[Considering the fact OK and TPA is ticked][There should be 3 to 4 spaces between the name and the ID word - if that can be done]

Spoke to: John ID: Ok (TPA)
    Operating System used by the customer: Windows Vista
    A/C details updated: DOB

- The modem was replaced and the issue was fixed -- [Info typed in the Additional Info box]

**************************************** [Considering the following text was typed in the box ] [Here the word 'Additional info:' should not appear - Also there should be be a double line spacing where this box appears from the rest of the above checkboxes - when the data is formatted]

[I am sorry I might have messed up the code as I tried to copy past things here and there when modifying the file I sent you - Blizz, this will be a lengthy form - hence the form will contain lots of check boxes, dropdown options and lots of textboxes and textareas where information can be fed in - In the end do let me know if I need to duplicate the check boxes or what variables to assign to the sequences that will be added to it in AS]

Thanks Blizz - You have been very helpful, Thanks again,

Warm Regards,
    Gavin
    Last edited by gavinv3; 10-21-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks

I have graphically designed a form - what I would be intending to to do - in the snapshot - I have placed dropdowns etc.

The text below shows how the information will be formatted after hitting the submit button

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Okay, I will have time when I get home today to look at your things and see what I can do for you.

I wasn't expecting to do the whole thing, I was just showing you the code. But I have no problems doing it, it will just take a while longer than I expected.

I should be able to make it look just like your picture there, or as close as my graphically challenged mouse will let me.

Look for a post later today/tonight or early tomorrow.

Also, just FYI, the minimum I can do this in is Flash 7 (MX 2004) as the AS involved needs AS2 and anything earlier than 7.0.0 won't run the scripts correctly.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Look at me double posting! sigh...

Okay I am working on the form, and I have a few thoughts. First, if I am to do this completely for you it will need to be in FLash 8 completely. I will be using combobox options and advanced AS2 techniques that 7 and lower can't handle.

I need to know if that is a problem. (there are ways around it) I can't do anything for Flash 5, sorry AS1.0 just can't handle very much AS and I am NOT tweening drop down boxes with multi-hit options.

If MX 2004 Pro is fine for you then that will work. What I need from you though is all the options. Meaning:

In your picture (which is what I am going off of) you have a selection for OS's. What are the options you want shown there? I can fill that thing up with 100's of OS's, but I am sure you would rather just have an "Other" category.

So please list for me each and every option that I can not see in the photo. This may take longer (it is a large form, you were right) but I think the end result will be worth it. And besides I need another side project.

Okay.. made a list... I need a list for contents for the following:

Drop down menus: ID not done, Issue, OS, Modem/Router

Text boxes: are any visible when a certain box is checked? if so, which ones, and where?

Anything else special happen when form is filled out? If so, please list it here as well.
    Last edited by BLiZZaRD; 10-22-2007 at 05:59 AM.
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ohhh A triple Post!

I have the basic form done, with drop downs filled with choices I made up. Personally I think it looks pretty nice, but I am biased.

You can see for yourself, and as of yet there is no submit button, because I need that other info from you first.

If you like what you see, and get me the info we can move on to the next part, which is making the page with all the input details ready to copy and paste!

Because size is an issue with the FLA I have only included the .swf (final) version. You can at least view it and test all the buttons and drop downs
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Thanks a Million Blizz,

No worries you can create it in any version you like as I have downloaded the trial version of the latest flash software which will help me view it

I will be checking the stuff you sent me later today when I get home - You can proceed with any version of your choice

Incase you need to email the file you can do so at gavinvaz@yahoo.com

Thanks again
    Last edited by gavinv3; 10-22-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, it's not so much what I want, it's more what Flash needs. LOL

Let me know about those questions so we can continue
    PHP Code:
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Hi Blizz,
    I worked on the form design and the options - I have attached a zip file - as the contents of the files are too large - I have seperated the zip files into 2 - you will have to unzip the files to one folder

Thanks

This is the second zip

There is one more that contains the images - coming up next

Thanks

Hi Blizz,

This is the 3rd zip file - I am sending the snapshots of the form to you in the next posts