Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Vista rant

Thanks

Default Another Vista rant

I just had to repair a pc with vista ultimate, it was past the point of 'fixing' the OS, but what i noticed was the vista nvidia drivers, they really really suck, currently the linux drivers are better, then i noticed lately the linux drivers have been getting many more updates than the vista drivers, and right now slackware runs gta smoother than a clean xp install with proper drivers, and now that i read that the next windows os is coming out in 2010 and MS is extending xp support until 2010, does this mean that vista is already obselete?
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

And this is why I use XP.

It's Windows ME all over again and M$ was too stupid to see it coming.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

It would seem that way; especially since they rushed to get Vista out and the masses hated it (mostly due to lack of support of existing programs/drivers). I recently had to downgrade my wife's aunt's computer from Vista to XP pro. Now it runs 10x smoother, does everything she wanted her computer to do, etc. I'm really not too thrilled about the new release either, until they get at least one service pack on it.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

this is a PRIME example why you should never buy an OS from Micro$haft until SP1. because if they release a Service Pack, it means they wont be scrapping the software, and it means they have some sort of support backbone.

and microsoft rushed vista out the door because of how long its been since XP was released ) they wanted something new n great, and just think of how many people bought Vista thinking that it was the *beep* but now are all hating it.

*points n laughs*

Thanks

Since it was OEM i had alot of time to screw with it, since it did all the annoying work for me, but it was a disapointment for how long they put into it, if they didnt put so much time into it i could excuse its suckage, but no.
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

its more like NT put in ME's place... win 2k was great though so if the os in 2010 gets sp1 i will go for it... in the mean time i am one of those gamers that needs vista to make games like crysis all puuuurdy

Thanks

okay i have used windows 98 se for almost 10 years, until i got this vista basic laptop at the beginning of summer of 07.

you know how many problems i have encountered on both of the os's combined? 1.

the problem is that wen i start up vista, sometimes the startup sound is choppy. thats it.

i always see people saying programs dont run on vista, but i have yet to find one that doesnt, and i have like 30 programs installed. even programs that say they are just for xp, they work fine on my laptop

and doesnt vista have an option to run in compatibility mode for xp, 2000, etc?

although ive used 98 se for almost 10 years, and vista for three months with only that one problem, i have used windows xp in middle and high school a lot. the only thing i notice thats different with the os is that they get flashier and flashier. maybe i am missing something, or i have to be a hardcore computer programmer or something to notice why vista is "bad"

editttt

oh wait i remember another problem

you know how every vista version is on that dvd right, and you can install it and use it for free for 30 days right?

the thing they dont tell you is that after that 30 days is up, you either buy it or they lock your computer up, forcing you to do windows clean install that removes everything.

that was a horrible week for me....

and as for the look of the os, it seems to be the most drastic change from every other version of windows. 1.0, 2.0, 98, xp, etc
    Last edited by Johnnymushio; 10-18-2007 at 02:55 AM.
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks
    Blog Entries

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html

This is the biggest problem I've found with Vista so far: DRM, DRM, and more DRM. If it weren't for the DRM it'd be pretty decent (and a lot faster: Aero can be replicated using Compiz on X, and the speed is in a whole different league to Vista's on the same machine). The most annoying thing I've had Vista do to me is ignore my wireless router. I got my shiny new laptop, connected to my access point, used it for a bit, disconnected, and the AP vanished from the list, never to return. At this point I installed Linux.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnymushio View Post
    okay i have used windows 98 se for almost 10 years, until i got this vista basic laptop at the beginning of summer of 07.

you know how many problems i have encountered on both of the os's combined? 1.

the problem is that wen i start up vista, sometimes the startup sound is choppy. thats it.

i always see people saying programs dont run on vista, but i have yet to find one that doesnt, and i have like 30 programs installed. even programs that say they are just for xp, they work fine on my laptop

and doesnt vista have an option to run in compatibility mode for xp, 2000, etc?

although ive used 98 se for almost 10 years, and vista for three months with only that one problem, i have used windows xp in middle and high school a lot. the only thing i notice thats different with the os is that they get flashier and flashier. maybe i am missing something, or i have to be a hardcore computer programmer or something to notice why vista is "bad"

editttt

oh wait i remember another problem

you know how every vista version is on that dvd right, and you can install it and use it for free for 30 days right?

the thing they dont tell you is that after that 30 days is up, you either buy it or they lock your computer up, forcing you to do windows clean install that removes everything.

that was a horrible week for me....

and as for the look of the os, it seems to be the most drastic change from every other version of windows. 1.0, 2.0, 98, xp, etc
    1??? How many threads have you started complaining about Vista? Far too many.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

excuse me?? are you talking to me? maybe i got hit in the head and forgot, but i dont recall starting any.
    My Web Site
    Japan Town