I have made a HTML page and a MySQL database with fields

Name:
    Surname:
    (H) Number:
    (M) Number:
    (W) Number:
    Address:

and so on

I would like that form to link to the data base and be able to save or input data and to view info in a table you would have to log in and view the full A to Z listing

Thanks

I would suggest you take a look at this tutorial.

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com

Thanks

Thnak you but for someone with my expirience with MySQL this is kind of hard if some one could explain it to me step by step i will be on MSN tonight at arround 6 or 7 pm GMT 00

Thanks

give a man a fish he has dinner, teach a man to fish he has food for a life time.

this is more of a help forum with a specific question, not provide a question get a tutorial. if you have a specific question then yes we will explain how and why something is done, but we arent going to sit here and do the whole thing for you... also you might try searching google or even this forum... there are lots of tutorials on how to connect / insert / grab-view things from a database.

Thanks

Step by step.... yeah. That's exactly what the tutorial does.
    I really like that tutorial. I don't think there's a much better way to explain it.
    It won't result in your phone book immediately, but it will give you the information needed to create it.
    Then you just need to reapply the skills you learned and you're done.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

of fine but i have done the data base i have the pages i want all i need is the way to connect all the **** up and have it do what i realy want it to do its that simple

so in another words you arent doing much at all

but thanks for all the help you have given me and about the fish you just gave me one but not tought me how to fish

I could look at the info all night but making 2 cents from it is very hard when i am only learning about MySQL this year in college

Thanks

Haha, I think you missed the point of the metaphor.
    The tutorial is, in that sense, a book about how to fish, not a fish itself.
    The "fish" is the final code, which you will be able to write once you "know how to fish".

"connecting it all up" is covered plenty in the tutorial.

take it step by step and you'll get it.

Regardless of when your school covers it, it's not all that hard, really.

You use a query, it does something to the database. Or, if you're using a SELECT statement, it returns results. Then you can go through those, search them, output them, etc.

Again, all covered in the tutorial.

It isn't magic-- you will need to practice, but it's also not some grand mystery.

Personally I think mysql is a bizarre language, and it's certainly very different from the others, but it's very formulaic.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

would you mind dumbing that perticular tutorial to me trough the MSN or Yahoo Messenger please

Thanks

There's no real way to make it much easier.

It goes step by step, and you can just copy the examples.

If it looks like nonsense, that's ok. You'll catch on soon.

The hardest part would be getting mysql running. We can probably help with that.

Does your host have mysql already available? If not, can you install it?

Thanks

yes my host has it and its a student account so i can request anything and i will get it for nothing