Thread: I Need a Freelancer For Hire

Thanks

Arrow I Need a Freelancer For Hire

hello, i wanted to know if anyone is interested in working as a freelancer for me, i receive a steady amount of work each week, around 1-2 projects a week which i would need help on. I cant pay much, but will promise that you will receive enough work a month in order for it to add up to a good amount of side money.

Please let me know if you are interested..just PM me..thanx!

Thanks

Smile braveyws

Hi css60,
    I saw your statements.
    And I am interested.

Thanks

Hi css60,

I am interested, can you tell me what platform you are working on.

Thanks

css60, In order to pm you ..you need to turn on the ability to receive pm's in your control panel ;^)

TwoHawks

Thanks

Actually, that is disallowed for all users with fewer than 5 posts.

I suggest using this thread to discuss or posting an alternate means for contact.

I will bring this up with the other mods to see if there is a solution, as you may not wish to post your email address due to email harvesting bots.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Hmmm... okay djr33. Thanks.
    Yeah, due to the nature of the request and that the user has no history here...
    (kind of like me, although I was a member here years ago actually, [but my profile evidently got dumped or something - maybe due to non-use, who knows?] and I have provable longtime (many years) membership history in other reputable tech forums)
    ...several issues are posed...

Bottomline is.. To me, as far as any potential work relationship goes, proper interviewing and screening in both directions needs to happen first, and for that- private contact needs to be able to happen ...and without unwittingly exposing someone's private info to potential scammers at the outset!
    I generally think BBS PM is a great facilitator for this (I think most would agree, at least that's been what I have observed elsewhere pretty much),
    ...as contact is screened through the system so no private info needs to be risked, and afaict, you can always ban (ignore) someone in your buddy list (isn't that how PM works in vBul too?).

Anyway, just my 'two-sense' ;^)
    [I had composed a response to 'css60', but alas, no where to send it! Always interested in some extra coding work (especially when business gets slow ;^)]

Cheers,
    TwoHawks
    Last edited by twohawks; 10-08-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks

Agreed. More info would be helpful.

The reason that the PM system is disabled for new users is that we had a lot of spam messages asking for help, rather than people posting, and it became a mess, trying to explain it to everyone. By disabling it, the answer is pretty clear-- post.

Really, the original post just needs more info, or some option for followup.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    The reason that the PM system is disabled for new users is that we had a lot of spam messages asking for help, rather than people posting, and it became a mess, trying to explain it to everyone. By disabling it, the answer is pretty clear-- post.
    Hmmm. Thats interesting. If that's the case, then if I were the systems admin I would not want to back-peddle and turn it back on.
    >>Here's a possible alternative, can you answer these questions...
    -- How exactly does the "Receive Email from Other Members" setting in the CP 'edit options' section function, and did/can it have the same problem as you descibe above if its turned on (assuming its off in the beginning as well - please advise)? The idea would be that if it is the type of system that does not allow others to see your email address but utilizes a built in system form that you are taken to and can fill out for contacting others, then maybe that would be viable (likely)? The other thing is can you ban someone from that as well (doubtful, but probably not too necessary - one could always report abuse to the admin)?

If this appears to be in order, then I would simply ask the user to turn that on, as I would mine, and then we're set to interview.

Really, the original post just needs more info, or some option for followup.
    Yeah, they could simply have a website with info and form email, however it could still scam someone easily enough... I mean, once you give them your email...
    Ultimately I trust the idea of system controlled form messaging on the mutual forum, it provides a modicum of mutual safety along with the ability to converse back and forth (screening/interviewing) toward proper resolution without undue risk.

Thank you for your responses here djr33 ;^) Please tell us more about how the vbul email system works.
    Cheers,
    TwoHawks
    Last edited by twohawks; 10-09-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks

The send email function in the user profile is secure because it requires an account to use and you can't see the address when sending. By sending, the recipient can view your address (from and reply-to fields), and the communication transfers to standard email messages (by using reply).
    However, a user can choose to not have email enabled on the board in their preferences or when signing up. Short of a mod/admin overriding this preference, not much can be done.

I'm sorry this isn't more convenient.

Perhaps the easiest option for the moment would be either your or the original poster creating a free email at hotmail, etc., then using that just for this and deleting it after.

Thanks

Thanks, djr33. Your responses are very informative and helpful.

<snip>By sending, the recipient can view your address (from and reply-to fields), and the communication transfers to standard email messages (by using reply).
    Hmm... its too bad vBul doesn't have a setting for the admin to specify that sender is the board, and to request the recipient return there and login in order to submit a response to the other user via their profile. (I checked, it doesn't.) In fact, I don't know if any of them do (I am looking at mine right now, and it doesn't either)! (interesting - I think that would be a great modification.)

Perhaps the easiest option for the moment would be either your or the original poster creating a free email at hotmail, etc., then using that just for this and deleting it after.
    That is an excellent suggestion.

Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    TwoHawks