Thread: Dynamic FX Slide Menu issue

Thanks

Question Dynamic FX Slide Menu issue

Dynamic FX Slide Menu : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/davidmenu.htm

I am trying to use this in a top and bottom frameset page. I cannot get it to show up. I have the code in the head section of the content page. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

This menu is designed partly with the idea in mind that frames will not have to be used because this menu, if placed on each page, eliminates the need for frames to maintain a consistent navigation tool across an entire site. That being said, it should be possible though I don't recommend it, better to either lose the frames or use the frames to have a simpler menu displayed in the top portion. Does your Slide Menu work 'as is' on a page without frames? If not, go back and read the instructions until you can get it to. If it does work on a stand alone page, the problem most likely is that the slide menu is not in the visible part of the frame. Either make the containing frame larger and/or adjust the position of the Slide Menu so that it is in a visible section of the frame. The menu's position is adjusted with:

YOffset=150; // no quotes!!
    XOffset=0;

in ssmItems.js. YOffset sets the distance from the top of the page it is displayed on, XOffset the distance from the left.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate