Thread: Need php shopping cart recommendation

Thanks

Talking Need php shopping cart recommendation

I am trying to build a e-store that i would like to mirror after www.builtbywendy.com

i want to have a mosaic of products like they do: rows of five thumbnails, that when clicked, bring you to a detailed description page where the customer can add them to their cart.

can someone please point me in the direction i should be looking in? i'm not sure what i have to do manually, or if there is existing software that can help me create this, or if it is free or costs money. maybe some more experienced users might recognize the interface on the above mentioned site and tell me what they used to build it.

i have a quickly approaching deadline for this project, so all help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I can tell you right now that it was done using php and sometype of database, most likely sql/mysql. and the use of sessions and/or cookies.

a simple search on google yielded these few sites
    http://www.phpcart.com
    http://www.shop-script.com/php-shopp...oftware-1.html
    http://www.1-hit.com/online-payment-...script-php.htm

Thanks

thanks for the quick response!
    yeah i know its php and i know theres a lot of different options out there for carts, but only some of them are skin-able or customisable, and some are ugly as hell. i was kind of hoping that someone could recommend one that would allow me to mirror the site i mentioned.

Thanks

any script is customizable...

you should worry about functionality first, then worry about the cosmetics after... the cosmetic looks of that and any site is done by the browser, either thru the poor use of <table> and depreciated html techniques, or the proper way of accomplishing it by way of CSS, so if you get a script that you like the base functionality, try to work with that and if you are having some problems with making it look cosmetically how you want we can address that at that time.

Thanks

You can also checkout osCommerce

Thanks

great thanks so much!