Advanced Search

Thread: javascript for tagging people in pictures

Thanks

Question javascript for tagging people in pictures

hi,
    what i would need is a script to set tags for people and to display tags for people..

is there anything like that? i want to do it like they do it on facebook.

thx,
    mex

Thanks

set and display tags? can you be a little bit more specific?
    what type of tags.
    what would this tag do?

Thanks

No Javascript here. Some fancy effect while doing it, perhaps, but to actually make it work, that would be some involved PHP or other server side code, along with a database.

Here's something to get an idea of how it could work:
    http://php-mysql-tutorial.com

In short:
    1. User submits tag for photo
    2. Store this in a database, and interpret it with the other values (such as if it was already in the database-- skip adding it? Make that a "better match"?)
    3. Display these near the pictures
    4. if you want, add a search feature

Realize that just starting out with coding and wanting to be like facebook, which is run by many full time, experienced coders, is something like starting a lemonade stand and wanting to be Coca-Cola. I don't say this to be discouraging, but remember that it is a hard task, and large professional sites have a lot of work behind them.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

i know that it has to be stored in a database, i wrote php applications with over 40.000 files and am running a website with 100.000 unique visitors per month, having 4.500.000 pictures saved.

what i am looking for is a javascript that lets me store the interior image coordinates of a with the mouse selected person.

and one that displays the names if picture is loaded.
    same like in google map toolkit...

thx for your help guys

Thanks

Ok, sorry about that. Frequently, new users assume that javascript can do database type operations. Your question sounded similar, as it was posted here and we thought you meant the functionality as a whole, not just the selection.

See this post here for a solution
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17826

I'm fairly confident that the script will allow you to find the necessary coordinates.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

thx for your advice... i might be able to change that to the way i want it...

thx so far.

Thanks

i can use that stuff, but only to crop user profile pictures, its perfect for that..

but what i would be looking for is a js that allows me to drag a specified rectangle over a face and get the coords by clicking.

the dispay way should mark the coords somehow..

any ideas?
    thx for your help...