Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest in the world of Mozilla

Thanks

I heard that it was fully standards compliant like Opera.
    Last edited by tech_support; 09-12-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: I made a boo boo =P
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"Oops?"
    I heard that it was fully standards compliant like Opera.
    No browser is "fully standards compliant" because there are lots of different standards and no browser implements them all, or perfectly, and most of them have proprietary features as well. It passes the ACID2 test, if that's what you mean.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

It passes the ACID2 test, if that's what you mean.
    Yup.
    "Oops?"
    //Corrects myself.
    Sorry, it's not a commonly used word (There're) I usually use "There are"
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Most people say "there's," which is obviously incorrect for a plural.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Hmm... And even my English teacher missed it. Are you sure? It's widely used. Even in movies.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"There's" is a contraction of "there is." "There is two cats" is perhaps more obviously wrong to you than "there's two cats." The correct form of the verb is "are," as in "there are two cats;" I usually contract this to "there're two cats." I don't know if the contraction is standard or not, but it's logical and grammatically correct (conforming to the grammatical rules) even if such a contraction isn't widely used or "officially" recognised, so I use it, at least informally. I avoid contractions altogether in formal speech.
    It's widely used.
    There's nothing wrong with "there's," where appropriate. It is, however, very definitely singular, and shouldn't be used with plurals.
    Even in movies.
    And Hollywood sets such a great standard of English

Thanks

"There's" is a contraction of "there is." "There is two cats" is perhaps more obviously wrong to you than "there's two cats." The correct form of the verb is "are," as in "there are two cats;" I usually contract this to "there're two cats." I don't know if the contraction is standard or not, but it's logical and grammatically correct (conforming to the grammatical rules) even if such a contraction isn't widely used or "officially" recognised, so I use it, at least informally. I avoid contractions altogether in formal speech.
    God damn, you English people sure know your English

There's nothing wrong with "there's," where appropriate. It is, however, very definitely singular, and shouldn't be used with plurals.
    For plurals it's "theres" right?

And Hollywood sets such a great standard of English
    LOL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

God damn, you English people sure know your English
    If only
    For plurals it's "theres" right?
    No, it's "there are." "There is one cat;" "there are two cats." "There's one cat;" "there're two cats."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech_support View Post
    Hmm... And even my English teacher missed it. Are you sure? It's widely used. Even in movies.
    but do you believe everything that goes on in hollywood?

Thanks

So then which mozilla version you guys prefer to use..