Thread: HTML Pages in XP

Thanks

Default HTML Pages in XP

When I create a JSP page and when ever I open it in Internet explorer, the form elements are like those of Windows 98 rather than those of XP. How can I change them to make them look better?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The browser controls this, it's nothing to do with your page (and certainly nothing to do with the server-side language used to generate your page).
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

But other pages are displaying the controls as XP one's except those pages that I generate dynamically.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Perhaps it's a style you're applying to the buttons that's causing IE to show them in this way?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

No, I'm not using any style.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, we now have two options: we can sacrifice a small goat under the light of the next full moon and pray to the god of software bugs that your problem goes away, or you can actually show us the page so we can maybe find out where it's gone wrong without having to guess. Which is it going to be?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Screw the goat, or wait, we may still need it. However, I would first try to be sure that the .jsp page and the 'normal' page that exhibits the XP type of form elements are both being served with the same DOCTYPE declaration.

To that end, please provide a link to an example of each.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

@twey
    Pray to god.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Screw the goat
    I'd rather not, thanks, although I hear there are people who would.
    @twey
    Pray to god.
    OK, off you pop then, it's twenty lashes of penance for earthly sins for the Great God of Software Development to grant a wish