Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keylogger, tracker, thingy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

parents use keyloggers in an attempt to see what their kid is doing while on the net. It offers more security than just watching the child over his/her shoulder, because it has the appearance like no one is watching, when really every stroke of your fingers is being logged, and then accessed by the other person. I believe this was the original intent for "keyloggers", but was adapted for malicious use at a later date.
    If one doesn't consider that a malicious use in the first place. There are certain values that should be passed on to a growing child, both moral and practical; distrust of strangers and respect for privacy are two examples of such. If a parent feels that his/her child is of a mindset that is vulnerable to Internet predators, then the solution is to fix that mindset, not to abuse his/her power to take control of the child's Internet activities. There are predators offline too who would attempt to take advantage of that mindset, and no matter how hard one tries it isn't possible to keep one's child out of all possible situations where they might come into contact with such a person, short, perhaps, of locking said child in a large steel room and never letting him/her out.

It's the difference between giving a starving man a fish or a fishing net. The fish might fix this one particular instance of the problem, but it's liable to come up again, perhaps when the benefactor is not there to provide another fish. The fishing net gives the man the ability to solve the problem by himself, thus eliminating the problem entirely.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    It's the difference between giving a starving man a fish or a fishing net. The fish might fix this one particular instance of the problem, but it's liable to come up again, perhaps when the benefactor is not there to provide another fish. The fishing net gives the man the ability to solve the problem by himself, thus eliminating the problem entirely.
    Ok, i get that... I want the fishing net... so I can uh idk take
    btw heres everything loading on startup

And btw my dad put it on there because he wants to know what I'm saying, and 2 to make sure i'm not swearing and .... lol but its really disturbing because now I know someone knows a ton of stuff...

thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's none of those. It may not be running as a separate process: it may be a kernel-level logger.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    It's none of those. It may not be running as a separate process: it may be a kernel-level logger.
    I talked to my dad, he says it only goes through or runs off the network but I doubt it because my dad doesn't have experiance with (html, little js, flash, php, and css like i do) though he knows some stuff...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Programs can't run off a network. The network is the sum of the computers that compose it, it has to be running on one of those machines.

Thanks

k try going to services and list those (you can uncheck qttask that just uses up memory and lets you know that apple is still in the computer buisness)
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

Default allright..

You guys are making a very easy problem very hard...
    your solution to this is put your own keylogger on..
    yes its that simple... your dad must come by to check it eventaly...
    most keyloggers you just type a code that brings up the menu and then you log in from their... with your own keylogger you find out the code and his username and password... its really simple..
    its all about thinking around the box...

and by the way mr twey your wrong.. computer can do and run programs off of a network..
    for instance on most goverment computer to log into the network the computer does not have any hard drive usb or any other means of saving info they are plugged into a network.. when the computer is plugged in it gos and finds its OS..
    as an IT professional you should know all about this

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You guys are making a very easy problem very hard...
    your solution to this is put your own keylogger on..
    yes its that simple... your dad must come by to check it eventaly...
    most keyloggers you just type a code that brings up the menu and then you log in from their... with your own keylogger you find out the code and his username and password... its really simple..
    Really simple if the keylogger is only accessed locally, yes. If it sends its data to another machine on the network for access, or emails it to his dad's account, perhaps, as most keyloggers do nowadays, it becomes more complex.
    and by the way mr twey your wrong.. computer can do and run programs off of a network..
    for instance on most goverment computer to log into the network the computer does not have any hard drive usb or any other means of saving info they are plugged into a network.. when the computer is plugged in it gos and finds its OS..
    as an IT professional you should know all about this
    It doesn't run off a vague entity known as "the network," it runs off a server. That server is a machine on the network. As I said,
    Quote Originally Posted by myself
    it has to be running off one of those machines.
    More importantly, here, there has to be client software installed somewhere on the client machine. In the case of an OS, this client software is stored in the ROM; for our keylogger, however, it is very unlikely that this is the case, and the client software is probably stored within the OS somewhere.

Thanks

I am curious as to how you found out that he had a key logger? And the previous quote about installing your own key logger, Did you consider that all keystrokes would be logged and sent to his dad anyway? So you put a password on it, make it a strange key combination to open the program, so what. He will know how to get into it and turn it off, uninstall it, or change the password and have two key loggers. I do like those programs, they are handy when dealing with a network at a high school. I was network administrator. I used those to find out how they were putting games on the computers. I think the Linux idea is the most likely to work, or work for something good to come out of it.
    -JF

Thanks

Twey, Modtoreador What is this supposed to mean? Are you starting to make your own words? Just because you know so much and have posted so many times, I don't think you should get to be able to make up your own words. I also hope that isn't a real word, otherwise I will look like the fool.
    -JF