Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keylogger, tracker, thingy

Thanks

Default Keylogger, tracker, thingy

What ever you call a program that sends an email of what ever your typing to a certain person... *who happens to be my dad* but! i have just recieved an email, saying I changed my paypal account password today, when i did it 3 weeks ago, and I recieved an email 3 weeks ago saying i did... I deleted my paypal account, *via phone* and now I am not doing anything till I get this thing off...
    I talked to my dad, but he won't take it off, i think its called Etracker or Eblaster... is there a certain software that I could use to get this thing off... because seriously help... thank god all my passwords are different...

i downloaded regcure which did a swipe of my computer but didn't find anything... please someone HELP!!! or I may never be able to get payed!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

LMAO.
    Why the hell would your Dad put a keylogger onto your system? Sounds stupid to me. At least I have rights to my own computer

You have four options.

1. Re-install Windows/Format your computer and install at least avast!
    2. Install Linux - Keyloggers/Trojans etc. NEVER EVER EVER get into your computer.
    3. Tell your Dad off.
    4. Buy a new laptop.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

2. Install Linux - Keyloggers/Trojans etc. NEVER EVER EVER get into your computer.
    thats not true. its more difficult to do because most of the keyloggers / trojans out were designed for Windows based systems, but that does not mean that they could not be installed onto a linux machine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's true, a keylogger wouldn't even need root access, just the account that's running X. It would be a lot easier to detect and remove than on a Windows system, though, since it wouldn't be able to hide itself effectively without root (and with SELinux, not even then).
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Ok, unfortunitly tech_support options 1,3,4 are almost impossible as for the following reasons:
    1. Its not my computer *my dad bought it for me*
    2. If i tell him off he takes it away *because its his*
    3. I can't re-install windows cuz my dad is the holder of the software...

But option 2 sounded pretty interesting
    Linux systems, whats the major difference, i need my laptop to be able to be used at school like for taking notes and stuff...

Thanks

Why the hell would your Dad put a keylogger onto your system? Sounds stupid to me
    parents use keyloggers in an attempt to see what their kid is doing while on the net. It offers more security than just watching the child over his/her shoulder, because it has the appearance like no one is watching, when really every stroke of your fingers is being logged, and then accessed by the other person. I believe this was the original intent for "keyloggers", but was adapted for malicious use at a later date.

Linux systems, whats the major difference, i need my laptop to be able to be used at school like for taking notes and stuff...
    Linux is another type of Operating System, you are probably aware of Mac(Macintosh) / and obviously PC(windows).
    well one, Linux Distributions are FREE, however it is much less "user" friendly then a Windows-Based system. An advantage is that the majority of virus' and malware have been designed to attack windows based-systems, so chances of you being affected by one is less, but at the same time, installing new programs is the simple click on the "executable" file.
    If you do a search on google I am sure you will be able to find multitudinous resources comparing different systems and the pros/cons of each

Thanks

goto run type msconfig
    goto startup and list everything that has a check by it then post it here or if you worry your dad will find out post screenshots
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lainlives View Post
    goto run type msconfig
    goto startup and list everything that has a check by it then post it here or if you worry your dad will find out post screenshots
    you could uncheck all of those processes, hit apply and reboot. then theonly ones that will start are your critical applications... this is much like running "safe mode" in windows.

Thanks

well if he has some software he needs (my pc MUST have rundll.exe dnda.dll or i get bsod's) he would be screwed
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

mine does too, but those are mandatory processes, so they will automatically start upon reboot.