Thread: Removing Autosuggest Textbox

Thanks

Default Removing Autosuggest Textbox

Hei,

I would like to remove all text suggestions on my password textBox:

<asp:TextBox id="passwordTextBox" runat="server" TextMode="Password" Width="176px"></asp:TextBox>
    When I dobbelt click on the textBox, I see all the entries
    How can I disable this function?

Many Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is more a security issue for the individual user, I would think. Did you try clearing your cache and removing all cookies? I have noticed that with an input to a form, the 'name=' attribute will exhibit a similar behavior across all web based forms with that same input 'name=' attribute. A solution there is to use a unique name in one's form. This may apply to your 'id=' or, more likely, to your 'TextMode=' attribute. Anyways, is this really an HTML topic, or might it belong in the asp forum?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Ah, I know what the OP means.

You need to reset your browser's Autocomplete memory, so have a look around it's documentation for how to do that.

cr3
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies

Thanks

Smile Removing Autocomplete Memory on Windows

Hi,

I have just read about Autocomplete Memory on this site: http://www.privacyeraser.com/features.htm

Autocomplete Memory
    Internet Explorer (IE) can store a record of almost everything that you typed into any web site form. Form data can be things such as all the keywords you have ever typed into a search engine and personal information such as your name and address.

Do I need to download "Privacy Eraser Pro 4.02 1.95 MB" to solve this problem?

Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you are that concerned with security, perhaps. However, I have autocomplete on and a bunch of other settings on and I don't get passwords suggested for me. I do still get history on forms, except the password, the key for me was answering no whenever windows offered to "remember your password for this page".
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate