Thread: Featured Content Slider Firefox styling issue

Thanks

1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi and thanks to everyone behind this wonderful script.

I have a little issue here. I changed a few css attributes (backgrounnd, border color/size,...) in the contentslider.css .

Then I checked it with IE7 and FireFox. Both were ok. Then I changed it again to further customize it. The changes were all applied fine in IE but FireFox keeps showing the older style. For a fraction of a second (when the page loads), it is as if it is showing the new settings, but it immediately reverses back to what it was previously (Both in case of background color and border color/size).

I am just scratching my head and do not know why IE has no problem with changes and shows the changes applied, but FF amazingly does not want to change. Keeps showing the initial customization.

Any ideas of what is going on with FireFox and this script? I knew of flash gets to be remembered sometimes, but why this and how to fix it?

I even changed the class names in the content and css. But when I do that, my content does not even show up in neither browser.

Any ideas, fixes, explanations is very appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by ddadmin; 08-11-2007 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi:
    Please start your own thread and in the proper format when asking your own DD scripts related question. I've created a new thread for you this time.

Do you have a link to the problem page? This is probably something that needs to be seen to understand, like the Matrix.

Thanks

Sorry for posting in wrong place. A complete newbie here.

The issue is now solved. After a few days !!! the firefox is showing what it is supposed to show.

Amazing.

Thanks. And I have a request or rather needing to know a little modification advice. Shall I open a new thread for that?

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sol123 View Post
    Thanks. And I have a request or rather needing to know a little modification advice. Shall I open a new thread for that?

Thanks
    Feel free to add it to this thread, since they're back to back questions.