Thread: Help: New website layout messed up in FF (IE7 works fine)

Thanks

Default Help: New website layout messed up in FF (IE7 works fine)

I'm currently working on a redesign of my page and have made a quick template of the basic design:

http://www.gamepals.de/index.php?area=3

But I've just noticed, that the entire layout is messed up when I load the page with Firefox - in IE7 however the side is rendered as I intended it to be. Can somebody help me with making my template work on FF as it does on IE?

Thanks,
    TOM

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It doesn't work on anything else either. How does it look in IE?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

That's strange. Here's a screen of how this raw draft looks like on IE7:

The side should have the following layout (a fixed width with a header, menubar, footer and a place for the php content in the middle):

Last edited by TheCrazyLexx; 08-07-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks

Update: I've changed the layout back to an old-school table layout but now I have a different problem - this time with Internet Explorer: The footer image at the bottom of the page is not centered at the right position (like in FF) but a pixel or so to the left. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Don't fix the width of your page, especially not at 810px, which is just ten pixels too wide for one of the most common resolutions. Let it expand where it needs.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!