Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequent Drops

Thanks

Default Frequent Drops

I've had this problem ever since I got my wireless router.

I emailed belkin a 1000 times, and attempted to call them but it's ahrd for me to understand the thick indian accents.

Anyways I dunno if I would call this a drop or not, seeing as I am still online when it happens.

It's most noticable on messengers and on online games.

Messengers, at random times messages i send wont sent without warning, and messages ppl send me dont send.

For games, at random times the game will act like users arent doing anything to it, on my end at least.

I went to comp room and connected the cable from the cable modem directly to my laptop and the problem went away. The thing is I need it to be wirelss for my laptop in my bedroom and my wii in my bedroom.

BY any chance does anyone here know how I can fix this?

Belkin support are... like, uneducated monkeys im guessing. In one of my 1000 emails i sent them i gave a list of things i did to try and solve the problem and their advice was to do one of the things i told them i already did.

anyways thanks
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks

1. You can try hacking the router.
    2. Get a new one - the Belkin's one is stuffed.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

stuffed with what

why hack
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks

stuffed with what
    stuffed = not working.
    The broadband/cable chip is probably dead. Did you have a lightning storm of some sort?
    why hack
    To save money
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

hmmm yes always have storms and stuff like that. hahaha... that would be funny if that was the problem....

ok, uh, maybe i should say "how hack?"

edittt

how cool is that, my post count is stuck at 108, the sum of the lost numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42. i hope it stays that way
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks

hmmm yes always have storms and stuff like that. hahaha... that would be funny if that was the problem....
    Probably is. You should unplug that when there's a storm.
    ok, uh, maybe i should say "how hack?"
    Google.

Thanks

would udp networking cause this?

hmm how to tell if its tcp or udp...
    My Web Site
    Japan Town

Thanks

Err... say what?
    Does your network drop out (It briefly says "Network cable unplugged") or does the internet not work?

Thanks

accually that stuff is rather normal for a wirless router
    but its to an extent
    games will not play right on a wifi connection due to the delay in the wifi signal
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

I can't imagine you do, but putting a vonage router in between the cable and wireless router can cause some nasty issues. Unshielded speakers can cause an issue sometimes also if they are too close, but that of course is rare...

I've used netgear and linksys routers and wireless routers for my old office network, and also my home network. Granted you may not wanna pop $50 on a new router, but it's probably worth it.

If your house/apt is wired with cat 5, just get everything at the switch box. Otherwise for your WII just look for a wireless network adapter. Most are USB these days, but if you need a cat 5 one they are still out there. I'm sure the nintendo website has a tutorial on how to use this, and they may even have recommended models. You may want to check the nintendo website to see if they need any sort of ports open that your ISP may block as a default also.