Thread: Drop Down/Overlapping Script not working in Firefox

Thanks

Default Drop Down/Overlapping Script not working in Firefox

1) Script Title: Drop Down/Overlapping Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...lapcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I was just informed by one of my viewers that the script is not functioning in Firefox. Since I use IE, and don't have Firefox, I can't check it out.

Here's one of the pages where the script is being used, although it's being used in ALL the Event Pages.

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Barry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like a z-index problem. Try moving all your sub content DIVs outside the table so they're not nested, for example, right above the </body> tag of your page. The sub content DIVs are ones like the below:

Code:
    <DIV id="subcontent15" class="event">
    "
    "
    </DIV>
    BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice:

Thanks

First, thanks for the fix! Removing the <DIV>'s from the table fixed the Firefox problem.

Second, I apologize for the credit notice. It DOES appear on the script, but I didn't transfer it to all the pages it's being used on.

As I work on updating each page, removing the DIV's from the table, I'll add the credit notice. It was never my intent to try and hide it from anyone, and again, I apologize.

Thanks

Well, I thought it was fixed! Now, according to someone using Firefox, when a link is clicked, what appears is the header and footer of the DIV (with the proper yellow background), but the text shows up with just a white background, making it impossible to read.

Again, I don't have Firefox, so I can't actually view it. I would appreciate it if someone who uses Firefox would view this page, and hopefully be able to tell me why it isn't displaying properly.

I REALLY DO appreciate the help on this!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi:
    I checked all your .css files, and as I suspected, you have a "height" attribute defined for the .event class that's causing the problem. Inside FCSstyle.css, find the following block of code:

Code:
    .event  {
    	position: absolute;
    	display: none;
    	border: 2px solid black;
    	background-color: FFFFC0;
    	height: 35px;
    	width: 400px;
    	padding: 8px;
    	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans Serif;
    	font-size: 11px;
    }
    You need to remove the line in red.

Thanks

Thank you...it's fixed. A copy-and-paste screwup by me!