Advanced Search

Thread: a:hover issues

Thanks

Default a:hover issues

Hey there,

I'm having issues with the a:hover instruction.

I'll explain... I have a website that is made up of tables that load individual php pages t fill in the info.

within these pages i want my links to react differently, however there seems to be a dominant force at work with the very first table's css a:hover instruction. it overwrites all the other ones ie. the first css for the first table on my page is taking responsibility for how all my other tables' links are viewed.

basically i want them to highlight in different colors, instead of them all being the same.

i have removed any body attributes that might have been over-ruling everything but nothing seems to be working. help!

thank you in advance )

Thanks

What's the code (or a link to your problem page) so that we may see what may be the issue at hand. Just off the top of my head though, are you using a:hover for all of your links, or is it separated by classes? Example:

Code:
    a.blah:hover {
    text-color: #000000;
    }

a.blahblah: hover {
    text-color: #EEEEEE;
    }
    and

Code:
    <a class="blah" href="test.php">This will be black when hovered</a>

<a class="blahblah" href="test2.php">This will be light gray</a>
    Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design