Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [DHTML] ActiveX Simplified

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you should call them "HTA Utility Functions." Also, the purpose of explaining the benefits of namespacing to you was not to have you namespace only my code Namespace identifiers should be something unique, too: the difference is that you only have to have one. "To" does not count as a highly original identifier
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

ok, I'm going on vacation soon but I'll work on converting them all to use namespace rather than this.variable

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're not using "this.variable" at all. All those variables you think are nice and safe actually aren't, they're global, about as unprotected as they possibly can be.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Default Completly Fixed.. I Hope

So I got rid of all the global this.variable and I only used this. to call functions within the namespace.

I also made all the functions in the namespace format with better names that "To".

Thanks again Twey. I recently saw the this.variable in a function and I misunderstood it's use. I have also been wondering how to do namespaces but I could never find a good tutorial.

I've been coding for almost 5 years now and it's a little embarrasing to make a mistake that stupid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not in Javascript, I hope Advanced Javascript can be a little daunting to those coming from more rigid languages (heck, it took me by surprise). I'm quite worried that as a five-year coder you never thought to look for an character/code conversion function before deciding to hard-code a list of every possible ASCII character using if statements, though

Thanks

I honestly didn't create the conversion. I found the script on a website and asked premission to use it but no one knew who made it. I recreated it using the codes that already existed (except \n which I added as 00000000) so that it used the this.variable mistake I had been doing. If I had invested time instead of taking the cheap way out it would have looked something like the other persons script that I asked premission to use.