Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting Up A My SQL Database

Thanks

Set this line:

Code:
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'config';    // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
    to 'cookie', then erase these lines (Just the parts in red):

Code:
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = 'MyUsername';      // MySQL user
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = 'MyPassword';          // MySQL password (only needed
    After that, go to the phpmyadmin page, and enter "root" for the username. If that still doesn't work, let me know and I'll set up a test database for you on one of my servers.

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

I am getting the same error message
    "phpMyAdmin - Error
    Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation"

Thanks

Oooo I think this might be it... I have this program on my computer which records what I plug into called Cakewalk Music Creator 2003. In the folder C:\wamp there is a template file 12kbs and its called "wampmanager.tpl". What Program should open it? Cuz its opening with cakewalk and I don't think Cakewalk is supposed to do this kind of stuff... Cuz it just records music...

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what is used to open a .tpl file so I could set the default? I think that might be the problem...

Thanks

Testingsite hows the database set up going?? I really appreciate your help a lot a lot...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockonmetal View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is used to open a .tpl file so I could set the default? I think that might be the problem...
    You could use any text editor; such as Notepad, to view the code of the template file.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockonmetal View Post
    Testingsite hows the database set up going?? I really appreciate your help a lot a lot...
    I sent you a Private Message with the info. Let me know if you need any more help.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks

ok apparently I cant open it via Dreamweaver CS3 cuz its not in my root folder, and I really am amazed u took the time to MAKE a mysql database for myself... wow, man you went a little bit overboard... I thank you but, Unfortunitly I wasn't expecting this much. All I wanted was to get that phpMyAdmin working... via localhost

Thanks

Quick question, are you sure that the MySQL service is running on your WAMP installation? If it is, you need to also make sure that the mysql extesion (php_mysql.dll) is in the "ext" directory of the PHP install folder and also make sure that it is enabled in your php.ini file. Other than that, I'm not sure what else it could be off the top of my head.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

ok i'll check that

Thanks

what should be turned on in the php.ini?