Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting Up A My SQL Database

Thanks

Default Setting Up A My SQL Database

Ok, So I have Dreamweaver CS3 and Wamp5 Which I have installed both. I haven't gone through the Files to put in a username server name or password because of one reason, I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO EDIT!!!!!!! If anyone could help me... The Database is going to be like a testing thing on my computer so I can Learn PHP Scripts. I am writing some easy ones but I need to get a data base so Dreamweaver can get this one thing down...
    Thanks

Thanks

I believe that WAMP5 comes with phpmyadmin installed. If this is the case, go to it (by going to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ or right clicking on the tray icon and going to the phpmyadmin shortcut). Once there, you can add a new database, edit existing ones, change user info, etc.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: By default, the username and password is "root" (without the quotes around it) with no password.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Yes but it says PHP MyAdmin - Error...

I don't have it...

Do i open http://localhost/phpMyadmin/
    ?

I am using the http://localhost/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php
    Script Setup thing... is that the right thing?

can anyone help or confirm or tell me how to work this????
    Last edited by tech_support; 07-11-2007 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks

Give me a little while so that I can download and install WAMP on my computer and I'll see what you need to do (step by step).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks

ok thanks man i really appreciate your help

Thanks

Ok, step by step:

• Click on the tray icon
    • Click on phpMyAdmin
    • It opens your browser to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
    • By default, it is set up to go to the main page of phpmyadmin. This is where you can set up databases, edit user privelages, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Yes but I get this
    "phpMyAdmin - Error" with red background and white text and without quotes.

Thanks

What is the error? You may need to edit the config.inc.php file in the phpmyadmin directory to point to the right username/password combo. If that doesn't work. Also, make sure that that file is called config.inc.php and not something like config.inc.php-dist.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ok heres what I have in there
    Code:
    <?php

/* !!! DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, EDIT config.inc.php INSTEAD !!! */

/* $Id: config.default.php,v 1.8 2005/12/16 14:07:10 lem9 Exp $ */
    // vim: expandtab sw=4 ts=4 sts=4:

/**
     * phpMyAdmin default configuration, you can copy values from here to your
     * config.inc.php
     * All directives are explained in Documentation.html
     */

/**
     * Your phpMyAdmin URL.
     * Complete the variable below with the full url ie
     *    http://www.your_web.net/path_to_your_phpMyAdmin_directory/
     * It must contain characters that are valid for a URL, and the path is
     * case sensitive on some Web servers, for example Unix-based servers.
     * In most cases you can leave this variable empty, as the correct value
     * will be detected automatically. However, we recommend that you do
     * test to see that the auto-detection code works in your system. A good
     * test is to browse a table, then edit a row and save it.  There will be
     * an error message if phpMyAdmin cannot auto-detect the correct value.
     */
    $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = '';

/**
     * Disable the default warning that is displayed on the DB Details Structure page if
     * any of the required Tables for the relationfeatures could not be found
     */
    $cfg['PmaNoRelation_DisableWarning']  = FALSE;

/**
     * The 'cookie' auth_type uses blowfish algorithm to encrypt the password. If
     * at least one server configuration uses 'cookie' auth_type, enter here a
     * passphrase that will be used by blowfish. The maximum length seems to be 46
     * characters.
     */
    $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '';

/**
     * Server(s) configuration
     */
    $i = 0;
    // The $cfg['Servers'] array starts with $cfg['Servers'][1].  Do not use
    // $cfg['Servers'][0]. You can disable a server config entry by setting host
    // to ''. If you want more than one server, just copy following section
    // (including $i incrementation) serveral times. There is no need to define
    // full server array, just define values you need to change.
    $i++;
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host']          = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port']          = '';          // MySQL port - leave blank for default port
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket']        = '';          // Path to the socket - leave blank for default socket
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type']  = 'tcp';       // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension']     = 'mysql';     // The php MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress']      = FALSE;       // Use compressed protocol for the MySQL connection
                                                        // (requires PHP >= 4.3.0)
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser']   = '';          // MySQL control user settings
                                                        // (this user must have read-only
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass']   = '';          // access to the "mysql/user"
                                                        // and "mysql/db" tables).
                                                        // The controluser is also
                                                        // used for all relational
                                                        // features (pmadb)
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'config';    // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = 'MyUsername';      // MySQL user
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = 'MyPassword';          // MySQL password (only needed
                                                        // with 'config' auth_type)
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['only_db']       = '';          // If set to a db-name, only
                                                        // this db is displayed in left frame
                                                        // It may also be an array of db-names, where sorting order is relevant.
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['hide_db']       = '';          // Database name to be hidden from listings
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose']       = '';          // Verbose name for this host - leave blank to show the hostname

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb']         = '';          // Database used for Relation, Bookmark and PDF Features
                                                        // (see scripts/create_tables.sql)
                                                        //   - leave blank for no support
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'phpmyadmin'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] = '';          // Bookmark table
                                                        //   - leave blank for no bookmark support
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_bookmark'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation']      = '';          // table to describe the relation between links (see doc)
                                                        //   - leave blank for no relation-links support
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_relation'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info']    = '';          // table to describe the display fields
                                                        //   - leave blank for no display fields support
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_table_info'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords']  = '';          // table to describe the tables position for the PDF schema
                                                        //   - leave blank for no PDF schema support
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_table_coords'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages']     = '';          // table to describe pages of relationpdf
                                                        //   - leave blank if you don't want to use this
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_pdf_pages'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info']   = '';          // table to store column information
                                                        //   - leave blank for no column comments/mime types
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_column_info'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['history']       = '';          // table to store SQL history
                                                        //   - leave blank for no SQL query history
                                                        //     DEFAULT: 'pma_history'
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose_check'] = TRUE;        // set to FALSE if you know that your pma_* tables
                                                        // are up to date. This prevents compatibility
                                                        // checks and thereby increases performance.
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowRoot']     = TRUE;        // whether to allow root login
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowDeny']['order']           // Host authentication order, leave blank to not use
                                         = '';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowDeny']['rules']           // Host authentication rules, leave blank for defaults
                                         = array();
    Is That what it should be... thats as far as I read. I didn't change anything except for user and password.
    Just Want to let you know I am just setting up a sorta testing site thing, where I can learn to use PHP.

Thanks

Thanks

BTW The error now says:
    phpMyAdmin - Error
    Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation