Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Menu System - Adding GSB IFRAME nightmare

Thanks

There is a video tutorial at gotoAndLearn by Lee Brimelow at www.gotoandlearn.com/download.php.

You want the "The Tree Component" tutorial. He even shows you how to add XML to it.

Also take a look at the Accordian Video App tutorial.

As for adding XML, I showed the technique in my demo. You just want to create 5 (i believe you have 5 pages) different xml objects and load 5 different xml files (if you choose to go that route).

You can alternately, just create one xml object and just access different nodes with your coding.

Thanks

Hi Medyman,

Just thought I would fire a few words as to where I am up to!!

I went COMPLETE THE OTHER WAY!!!

I have decided on using javascript (well prototype/moofx library)

I found an excellent example of accordion menus here moofx accordion menus

the beauty of this system (apart from being so damn small in size) is its easy to edit, I have a fairly good knowledge of html (the java always stays the same, so knowledge required is minimal) and in the last few hours have customized it to use seperate colours for each tab and include an iframe on each of the divs to include my external html files...

Thank you for all the help medyman, when I have something more complete I will post and let you look... i am thinking I may need a flash mp3 player though

For now its on to lightbox! (and the benefits that my site will now get picked up by google!!)

Again Medyman & GSB for all the help, its been useful understanding the principles to get this working in flash, but for me, moofx is so much easier....

PEACE!