Thread: Main scrollbar controling iframe..

Thanks

Question Main scrollbar controling iframe..

Hi

This is my first post so please be gentle ;-P

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to control iframe content on the site using the normal slider on the side of browser window. My iframe is in the middle of the page, not on the side so I have a scrollbar in the middle of my paeg/layout. If it's not possible, I was thinking that maybe I could disable main slider and then have the one from iframe moved to the right side of the window so the user wouldn't even notice the difference except when using scrollbar only the content of my small window in the middle would react.. Is something like this even possible? (All pages are on my own server)

Thx for any replay ;-)

Thanks

This could be an oddball fix, but I sorta had that same problem. Granted it's obvious the Iframe is imbedded in my site. You could try something like this though...

<iframe id="tabiframe" src="http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/Default.aspx" width="98&#37;" height="2000px"></iframe>

Note the height is 2000px. I peeked around at all of the pages that I planned to use, and found the longest one. I simply made the height long enough to handle it. Now there will never be a scrollbar on the iframe, but there is definitely one on my page.

If this isn't what you're looking for, I'm sure someone here should know

Thanks

There's also a DD script that will resize the page containing the iframe so that it will accomodate the iframe without a second scrollbar. As you change pages within the iframe, the script makes the page containing the iframe continue to re-size too. It's at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...iframessi2.htm
    It can be buggy with very long pages within the iframe.