Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting my vista install

Thanks

Default Deleting my vista install

A while back I installed Vista on my computer. (Wish I didn't waste my money. ) Now it is unbootable, and I cannot delete the windows folder. The only way I can think of to delete it is to boot a non-windows OS that supports writing NTFS, but I don't know any. Could someone help me get rid of this. I NEED THE SPACE!
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You should be able to do it using most live CDs. Knoppix is capable, I think.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

last version of knoppix i used (old) could only read
    but what do i got to lose i need that 4gb
    The only person I think is cool is -==INSERT YOUR NAME HERE==-

Thanks

You can build a BartPE image and recover your files that way.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Could you add the drive to another, working computer, then boot and format that way?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

It's quite a hassle to do that.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Not if you have two computers available and can just pop one HD into the other computer. Or, better yet, if you have an external harddrive enclosure.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I would still get a bootable CD. There's a risk of losing data when swapping/transferring.

Thanks

I think the data is all gone anyway, from how this is setupi. I'm not sure, though, I suppose.

Thanks

Hmm... then risk of damaging the actual drive itself.