Thread: Links Unclickable In Internet Explorer

Thanks

Default Links Unclickable In Internet Explorer

I'm pretty sure that there is something broken in my blog,
    My Journey To Recovery.

It has been a week now that all my links on both sidebars are not
    clickable if you're using Internet Explorer but those same links are
    clickable in FireFox. I've posted a note on top of my blog, pleading
    for help how to make those links clickable again in both browsers.

Someone told me IE don't accept "target="_blank" tag, so I deleted all
    of it - nothing happened. My links are still unclickable in IE.

I'm still using classic template and the last thing that I do is
    deleting "_blank" tags.

Then somebody told me it got to do with my ads in my post. Nothing seem to work. I don't know what is wrong actually? Is it my HTML template or something wrong with my computer setting?

I'm opened to any suggestion, please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

The target has nothing to do with it. It looks like something in your style, it is as though the links are behind something that you can see through but that you cannot click through. Do you have any .png images as backgrounds? These sometimes cause this. Anyways, if you add a style like:

Code:
    a {
    position:relative;
    z-index:10000;
    }
    After all of your other style declarations for the page, it should bring many of these links back to the foreground.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, do this:

Code:
     . . .  font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif;
      text-transform:uppercase;
      letter-spacing:.1em;
      }
      </style>

<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://www.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css);
    div.b-mobile {display:none;}

</style>
    <!--[if IE]>
    <style type="text/css">
    a, iframe {
    position:relative;
    z-index:100000;
    }
    </style>
    <![endif]-->
    </head>
    <body>      <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=33346377&amp;blogName=My+Journey+To+Recovery&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLACK&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Farahman7.blogspot.com%2F&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Farahman7.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div> 
    <script . . .
    That will get almost, if not all of them back.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you, jscheuer1 for a quick answer. I really, really appreciate it. I'm going to follow what you've suggested asap. Hopefully I can bring down the yellow unclickable notice too.

No, I don't have any .png images as backgrounds.

I'm a perfect example of a dummy when it come to HTML thingy and all that but please can you tell me what really happened? I've no problem like this before.

And if target="_blank" tag has got nothing to do with it, is it advisable for me to use it again? I like my links to open to a new window.

That's all for now. Thank you again. Tell you more the outcome after pasting up the code.

Greeting from Malaysia.

Thanks

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you! Thank you! You're great, Supreme Commander Coder. I'm really, really grateful.

Gonna create a post about you, this forum and Dynamic Drive.

I hope you can tell me what causes it all, please.

Gratitude and greeting from Malaysia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You are welcome. I was kind of hoping that you wouldn't ask what the cause was. However, you should be able to use target="_blank" again, as this has absolutely nothing to do with the links being clickable or not.

As to the cause, it is like I said, " . . . something in your style, it is as though the links are behind something that you can see through but that you cannot click through."

The reason this happened could be simple or very complex. Unfortunately, you have so many styles linked to and on your page, that it could take quite a bit of time to track down the exact reason. There could even be several reasons. Also, style doesn't happen in a vacuum, so the layout most likely plays a role too.

One thing I noticed with the page was that the links worked fine while it was loading, until the center part of the page was drawn. It could be margins and/or floats and/or widths associated via style to that center portion.

If I get a chance I will look into it with more detail.

If you want to try removing the cause yourself, make sure to keep a copy of the working page first, in case things get really messed up.

Validating the HTML and the style first would be a good thing as well.
    - John

Thanks

Selamat pagi as in good morning.

I'm sorry but here I am again. I woke up this morning and I found out that my description was missing. I tried messing around with the template but nothing seem to work. To make my description appear again, I improvised it by pasting the description on the template itself.

Is it ok if I do that coz I don't want it to appear twice or should I delete my description on my (basic)setting?

I tried to validate my HTML using W3C Markup Validation service. It says, "This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict!" coz I got 275 errors. I really hope if you get a chance you will look into it with more detail.

Greeting from Malaysia.