Advanced Search

Thread: Some Weird CSS

Thanks

Default Some Weird CSS

I'm close to finished on a new website that I've built using Wordpress and the "basic" wordpress theme (it's just blank template files so you don't have to manually create the files). Everything seems to be to my liking EXCEPT I have a weird problem.

http://www.vol4.com

Stylesheet:
    http://www.vol4.com/wp-content/themes/basic/style.css

If you go to the site, you'll notice that there are black tabs toward the top. Sometimes in Firefox the tabs are not visible. The content seems to shift up and cover the tabs. The maddening thing is that most of the time it works without a problem. Huh? I run a mac with boot camp. I've noticed it happen in Firefox on both Windows and Mac. I have not seen it happen in Safari or Internet Explorer 7. I haven't, however, spent a lot of time with it in Internet Explorer.

Anybody see any stupid mistakes that I've made?

Thanks for any ounce of help that you can give me.

--Jeremy

Thanks

Hm, I tested it in FireFox and the tabs were there the first time, gone the 2nd and 3rd, and there again the 4th. Hmmm. Odd.

The code is the same everytime - I checked. So it isn't a dynamic issue, where there's a code mishap every once and awhile or something.

I've never seen this before, but WordPress is considered one of the best, and if there was an error in their code, they would find out soon enough and fix it. This leads me to believe it isn't on the coding side of things.

The only thing I can think of is the browser having some sort of quirk. Specifically, what's quirking it, I'm not entirely sure. Sorry I wasn't of much help, but I think we've narrowed it down to a browser issue...
    Thou com'st in such a questionable shape
    Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 4

Thanks

Default Thanks

I also found out that it wasn't displaying properly at all in IE6.

I completely reworked the code. Everything seems to working fine now. Strange Firefox display problem though.