Thread: Curser icon change

Thanks

Default Curser icon change

Hello

I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas, about changing the curser icon. Basically I ve got a slide show and some of the images are linked to a bigger image that opens as a pop up. What I want to do is as u pass the curser over the image it changes from the hand to a magnifying glass.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Thanks

I'm not quite sure on that one i'm afraid, good luck though

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I worked on this one a bit last night. What you seem to be asking for is a custom cursor. These are only available in IE6 but, a way to do this is to include:

style="cursor:url(magnify.cur),auto;"

as an attribute for your image tag or the container tag for your images. You need to have a valid cursor file named magnify.cur in the same directory as your page as well, one example (I'm no whiz at making cursors) is attached. If you want a better looking custom cursor, you may be able to find one by searching the net or even your own computer! (There are quite a few cursors in the various OS's.) You can even make your own, as I did (poorly) using any program that can create and save to the .cur format. More information on custom cursors: Custom Cursor Script IE6.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 11-28-2011 at 04:45 PM.