Thread: Ideas for E-commerce Site

Default Ideas for E-commerce Site

Well let me try to explain this. I am working on a e-commerce site for a client using zen-cart. But thats not the problem. My problem is that he want his sites template setup kinda wierd. I think it can be done.

If you have ever been to some kind of festival or something, and seen where someone has a booth to sell stuff and they have table with cd's, hats, necklaces, & etc. on a table in the front. And something like a long and tall metal stand behind them to hang t-shirts on. Thats is how this guy wants his template to be laid out.

I can make this happen and look fairly good. But the thing that I am puzzled about is, for instance if he adds a shirt by himself to his site. wont he have to cut the shirt out of the picture?

I hope everyone is still with me. If not ask me a question.

I have also thought about having a blank t-shirt and instead he uploads what is on the shirt. eg: logo. And i'll have PHP fix it up and center it resize it and all that good stuff.

Attachment 1033Attachment 1034

But anyways my question what are others opinion on this? Should I not do it this way?

note: if you didnt get this from above this guy will be selling hats, beenie, shirts, cds, maybe skateboards, armbands, etc.

New York City

Clever. But what are you going to do if he wants a different color? In my experience, php imaging doesn't play nice when trying to change the colors of things . . . unless you use a php5 imagefilter colorize, which may or may not look exactly the way you want it to.