Thread: Need help with Drop in Content Box

Thanks

Post Need help with Drop in Content Box

Hello.

I'm kinda new to the programming world, so I would appreciate all the help I can get!

I have inserted all code from the Amazon Style Drop in box, and everything works like it should.
    The only problem is, that the only thing you can do to allign it is presetting it in pixels.
    From what I know that will be a problem when one viewers resolution is 1280x1024 and the other is 800x600. -Is there anyway you can position it to be "center" (like in html you can center a table)?

I really hope someone knows the answer to this

Regards,

Mazey

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Positioning

I use this same script on one of the sites I master. I've adapted it to drop down onClick for 'more info' on a particular subject. I know exactly what you are talking about. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to center it. My solution was to put it in a spot where it would look OK in all the various resolutions. I mean, it is a drop in box, it is meant to cover the underlying content and attract attention. Does it matter exactly where it is? I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, perhaps someone else has an idea. Still, these drop ins are used alot on the web. Most places no one seems to care about the exact position. One thing I haven't tried but, should work if you just really have to have it look exactly the same in all resolutions is to take the code from Screen resolution redirect script All NS6! and either use it to create different pages for the different resolutions or, take the code and modify it to give different positioning for the box at different resolutions.