Thread: .htaccess password generator - I need help.

Thanks

Default .htaccess password generator - I need help.

1) Script Title: htaccess password generator

2) Script URL (on DD): http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/

3) Describe problem:

Ive followed all the steps on the script page but when it comes to uploading the .htaccess it will not let me.

it pops up saying I have permission problems.

any help would be great.

Thanks

Are you sure that you have permission to use .htaccess server configuration files on your webhost?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    Are you sure that you have permission to use .htaccess server configuration files on your webhost?

How would I find that out?

Thanks

I really have no idea. Trial and error is one way, and this points to you not having permission.
    Looking on their support site, your logged in info site (like cpanel, hosting management, whatever), etc. would help, or you could try asking them directly.

.htaccess can change some important server settings, so this may be done to protect the servers.

It really depends on your host, so I'd look into that. It's a choice, not a requirement, so there's no way to know for sure without knowing the host.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum