Thread: background tables that do not effect scrollbars?

Thanks

Default background tables that do not effect scrollbars?

For example lets take a website that is 800px in width and has a huge background picture. For anyone who has the resolution of 600x800, they'll see just the 800px of the website, without the full background. So 600x800 users cannot see the full background (and their scrollbar does not enlarge to see the sides) but others with higher screen resolution do see the full background.

I don't just need to put two images on both sides, but need to use tables as there are multiple images to user for both sides.
    A simple background image will not do, because I have shadows for the sides, and they end before the footer of the webpage, and if there is more or less content posted the page could be lower or higher, which is why I need to use a table.

I know this is somehow possible to do, but I have no clue how. I've tried all I've knew.
    And I can't seen to come up with the right keywords for google, so google isn't much help now.

Anyone please help me out?
    Last edited by joemamahunt; 05-21-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks

Ok,

Can we have a link to the page becasue I don't know exactly what you mean.

Have you searched google for css background style stretch? That either shrinks or enlarges the background image to the display size (I think).

Thanks

..mmm... huh?

I have no idea what that would have to do with shrinking or enlarging the background.

The link I cannot give, however it really does not matter.

Take the main first page of MySpace.com for example. The website is 800px in width, the rest is the gray background color.

How can I place images and if possible even use tables in those areas BUT have it have no effect on the horizontal scrollbar? Because If I would just add images however, users with 800x600 screen resolution will have that scrollbar and will need to scroll to see the full website as the page will not be 800px anymore but will include those images I would place there.

Hope that's easier to understand, sorry for the first poor explanation.

Thanks

In other words, I want to take a 800px (in width) webpage/table, and put images of shadows around it that will not effect the horizontal scrollbar.

Is that possible?