Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamically loading images

Thanks

Thumbs up

you Rule!

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to sort of nest this function.

What I want to do is load images into a panel, and give each image its own customized onmouseover code for loading an image into a second panel.

What I'm finding difficult is how to embed that onmouseover code into the images as they're loaded by your function.

Thanks

I found this hard myslef. I had problems with IE, which didn't like dynamically adding event handlers to dynamically created images (Firefox was fine).

I'll have a think and get back to you.

I'm sure the moderators of this forum could do it . Maybe they'll drop by.

Thanks

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And i'll try not to think about the next step: handling that dynamic image loading matter from the data layer.

My web site is written in vb.net against a SQL server database. A user's selection on the web page will need to pass some value into the database (via a SqlDataSource control that handles the connection) and get back the appropriate image names for populating the panel.

This javascript stuff is so handy, but i don't know how well it can talk to the data layer. I'm hoping that the ever-versatile document.getElementById function can become my mediator in both directions between the control and the scripts.