Thread: Restriction from running scripts or ActiveX

Thanks

Default Restriction from running scripts or ActiveX

Hi,

I’m having problems running your scripts. Hope you can help.

I don’t have a problem viewing/running your scripts on your website. However, when I copy them, put them in Front Page and then click on “Preview in Browser” I get the following message

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer

How can I stop this happening, as you have done on your website?

Thanks

This is a feature of internet explorer. You're doing nothing wrong.

Locally (on your computer) it won't work until that is clicked.* But once you put it on your website and run it from there, it'll be just fine.

*(There is a tag called the "mark of the web" that is added, in the background, when you view a page on the web and can be added/faked in the source code to get around this if you need it for some reason, but I wouldn't recommend using it if you are planning to just put it up on your website anyway. But if you want more info, just google that, and look for the tag in question. I believe it goes at the top of the page.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It won't happen once you upload them to your site. In the mean time, you can use the mark of the web to move the page into the internet zone.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Default Great

Thanks guys you've helped