Thread: Child Iframe resizing another Child Iframe window in a parent.

Thanks

Default Child Iframe resizing another Child Iframe window in a parent.

1) Script Title: Iframe SSI script II

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...iframessi2.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello folks. Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm working on a simple website to give assistance to CSR's at a call center. The site is designed with a small menu at the side where they can choose a particular subject, and it opens a page in an Iframe on the top right.

In that Iframe, there are links for specific topics inside the original subject. For my business, we have individual business units that service a group of cities. The basical gist is the CSR selects the master business unit on the left, then chooses an individual city to the top right, and the information for that specific city open in another Iframe on the bottom right. It sort of works like this:

1. (District level business unit) -> 2. (List of cities in the business unit) -> 3. (Individual city selected above)

Each district and individual city unit have pages for themselves that can vary in size, so I want the info page to do this:

1. User clicks on District BU.
    2. The Iframe on top right resizes to fit the page for the district.
    3. User clicks the individual city in the master list for the district.
    4. Bottom right Iframe resizes to fir the page for the city.

Is there any way to do this? I have this in the top variable for the script:

//Input the IDs of the IFRAMES you wish to dynamically resize to match its content height:
    //Separate each ID with a comma. Examples: ["myframe1", "myframe2"] or ["myframe"] or [] for none:
    var iframeids=["test", "test2"]

Here is the link on the Parent/Master district list to resize the top right child Iframe:

<IFRAME SRC="start.html" ID="test" FRAMEBORDER="0" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; width:598; display:none"></IFRAME>

This actually works. When the Parent calls the page that goes in the Top Right Iframe, it resizes successfully. Nothing wrong at all there.

However, when I try to have the Top Right child Iframe bring up the city page, the second Iframe does not resize. Could anyone shed any light on how a Child frame can dynamically resize another child frame?

Thanks

I figured out what the problem was. I forgot to insert the "Name" variable into the IFRAME tag. I'm dumb.

Sorry for any confusion!