Thread: AnyLink Drop Down Menu with Front Page

Thanks

Default AnyLink Drop Down Menu with Front Page

1) Script Title: Any Link drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem:
    This is an awkward problem to try and describe so please bear with me! I am playing around with the Any Link Drop Down Menu and have created a test page using Front Page 2000. In the Front Page 'Normal' view tab the drop down part of the menu appears on screen all the time which was making life difficult to add content to the page as I couldn't get "in behind it" (for want of a better phrase), therefore I created the main table for content above the drop down menu which shunted the latter to the foot of the page - this was ideal as it allowed me to add content without it getting in the way and it also had no effect on how the page looked in Preview or Browser mode - BUT because of this I now have a large ugly blank area at the foot of the page, presumably due to the position of the drop down menu in 'Normal' view. I'd like to know if there is a way to get rid of this unwanted space.

I've uploaded this test page to the URL. If anyone thinks they may have a solution please take a look:
    www.wlcsurestart.org.uk/test

I'm sorry if this hasn't been explained very well but you really need to see it in Front Page to know what I'm on about.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't see any problem with the page in IE 7 or 6, Opera 9.01 or FF 1.5.0.11. You shouldn't worry about how the page looks in FP, as long as you can do whatever you need to do in FP to design it. The completed page's appearance should only be judged in browsers.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. However I do see something wrong with it as I've viewed it in both Firefox and IE7. The screenshot below shows the area I want rid of (highlighted with blue wavy line) and the white table with the Lorem Ipsum content should come right down to the foot of the page.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...50/screen1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK, so you say it did that (went all the way to the bottom) before you moved the menu? If so, once you have finished designing the page, move the menu back to where it 'belongs'.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate