Thread: form submission

Thanks

Cool form submission

I think this is a pretty basic problem but It's giving me alot of trouble, I want to submit a form either to an e-mail(but without using the html "mailto" that requires outlook) or have the form data sent to a file. Is there a script to help me with this? Thanks!

Thanks

Can you use PHP? PHP has the mail() function, which only works if STMP is installed on your server, which it most-likely is.
    - Mike

Thanks

If that can't work, you could also use a "free form mailer" (google that) instead. Less flexibility, but still a ton better than mailto:.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

The mailto: function only works in Windows, anyways. Linux users won't even see anything, unless they have a third-party version of Outlook Express.
    - Mike

Thanks

In addition to what mburt said, the mailto function also only works when there is a default mail client installed and setup with an email address on the user's computer. Go with what djr33 said about a free form mail script by searching either these forums (there are literally tons floating around) or Google.

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

doesnt the mailto function just use whatever the user has set as their default email program? because I used to use hotmail and when I clicked on a mailto it went to hotmail's mail login page