Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I can't get it working on IE...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default I can't get it working on IE...

    1) Script Title:
    Ajax Tab Content
    2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tent/index.htm
    3) Describe problem:

    I have one version of jscheuer1's problem, and the solutions don't work for me. It works perfect in Opera and Firefox, but not with IE.

    The code is this:
    <div id="content">
    <ul class="shadetabs" id="maintab">
    <li>
    <a class="selected" rel="ajaxcontentarea" href="/app?wicket:interface=wicket-7:0:tabs:0:link::ILinkListener"><span>User</span></a>
    </li><li>
    <a rel="ajaxcontentarea" href="/app?wicket:interface=wicket-7:0:tabs:1:link::ILinkListener"><span>Personal</span></a>
    </li><li>
    <a rel="ajaxcontentarea" href="/app?wicket:interface=wicket-7:0:tabs:2:link::ILinkListener"><span>Profile</span></a>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <div id="ajaxcontentarea" class="contentstyle">
    </div>
    </div> <!-- content -->



    If I remove the rel="ajaxcontentarea" I get the content without problems. By the way it is generated with Wicket, a Java framework, and here is an example of the generated HTML code:


    <form id="userInformationForm" action="/app?wicket:interface=:15:userInformationForm::IFormSubmitListener" method="post"><div style="display:none"><input type="hidden" name="userInformationForm:hf:0" id="userInformationForm:hf:0" /></div>
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td>Username:</td>
    <td><input name="username" value="" type="text"/></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Password:</td>
    <td><input name="password" value="" type="password"/></td>
    </tr>
    /table>
    </form>



    I don't get any javascript error, it simply shows "Requesting content.." but nothing happens.

    Thank you very very much for your help,
    Oskar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE PA USA
    Posts
    30,495
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    If you mean IE 7, that browser will not execute Ajax Tabs locally.
    - John
    ________________________

    Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    IE7 does not support a lot of things...

    Even their videos made by Windows Movie Maker don't function.
    I'm still looking for a solution to show my videos...

    It's a shame.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE PA USA
    Posts
    30,495
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kama View Post
    IE7 does not support a lot of things...

    Even their videos made by Windows Movie Maker don't function.
    I'm still looking for a solution to show my videos...

    It's a shame.
    I'd try converting to .flv and using flash. Or, to .mov and using QuickTime. Flash is more efficient if it is for a live presentation.
    - John
    ________________________

    Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    I'd try converting to .flv and using flash. Or, to .mov and using QuickTime. Flash is more efficient if it is for a live presentation.
    Thanks jscheuer1.

    You've already been very helpful for me.
    I found a script that I will put in my post so that others can also use it...
    I didn't have time to do that before, since I just tried it out on my site.

    I know that Flash is the best solution, but the problem is that not every user has the Flash Player installed on his computer, and the installation of it could be blocked by the administrator.

    BTW Sorry for my English...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    What Is This Btw Everone Uses !!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    It's By The Way...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE PA USA
    Posts
    30,495
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kama View Post
    Thanks jscheuer1.

    You've already been very helpful for me.
    I found a script that I will put in my post so that others can also use it...
    I didn't have time to do that before, since I just tried it out on my site.

    I know that Flash is the best solution, but the problem is that not every user has the Flash Player installed on his computer, and the installation of it could be blocked by the administrator.

    BTW Sorry for my English...
    Your English is better than mine. Anyways, there always needs to be a plug-in to view a video. And, any given user may or may not have it on their machine. And, they may or may not be able to install it (the administrator is only one reason, there could be others).

    However, Flash is the web standard for video. If the tag is written correctly, Flash will at least offer a free installation for those who don't have it.

    If it is really important to you that the user has every possible opportunity to view your video, you could offer it in a variety of formats.
    - John
    ________________________

    Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Your English is better than mine. Anyways, there always needs to be a plug-in to view a video. And, any given user may or may not have it on their machine. And, they may or may not be able to install it (the administrator is only one reason, there could be others).

    However, Flash is the web standard for video. If the tag is written correctly, Flash will at least offer a free installation for those who don't have it.

    If it is really important to you that the user has every possible opportunity to view your video, you could offer it in a variety of formats.
    Thanks.
    I was already thinking about offering different ways to view the video.
    It's just that at the moment I don't have a lot of time.

    Since you know so much, is it possible to look at the following script (last reply)?

    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ed=1#post88394

    I would just like to change the font of a visualized link.

    Thanks (again)...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia - Near the coast.
    Posts
    1,995
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcbrainbuster View Post
    What Is This Btw Everone Uses !!!
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •