Advanced Search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image Rotation...

Thanks

Exclamation Image Rotation...

Hello again huys ,

Is there anyway to rotate an image at a specified angle?

Thanks ...

Thanks

To my knowledge; no, not using javascript alone. You would have to first rotate the image in an Image editting program (such as MS Paint, GIMP, Paint.net, Photoshop, etc).

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that this would be the only way.
    Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well yes, Walter Zorn has a highly experimental library, but the way he does it (dividing the image up into single-pixel elements) is so terribly inefficient that it's completely impractical for ordinary use.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Hmmm, All I want to know is if it can be done with javascript thoguh thanks for your posts guys also I know there is the basicimage filter that will only rotate at 90 180 and 270 angles and not any specified ones...

Thanks

http://www.walterzorn.com/rotate_img/rotate_img.htm

Check this link

It gives you all angles

Thanks

I had a look at it and thans for your post but it seems that it uses PHP I think... (have a look at the address bar when you enter your angle)...

Thanks

No, it's just HTML and Javascript. When you enter the angle, you are not supposed to hit enter (return), instead you are supposed to click the link rots.newImg.rotateTo(.
    Hope this helps.

//EDIT: the reason the url looks like this: something.htm?A=angle is because the textbox in the form is using the default "GET" method.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Oh Ok, thanks for your post TTS and npsari but, npsari: isn't there an tutorial available anywhere ?

Thanks

it says Javascript on the bar at the button

So, that means the script is javascript

Get the source of the page which should be there

Or do search in Google

Thanks

Hmmm well I did try doing a search but ended up with scripts that display a different message every time you click , but I guess i'll redo it ...

And as for the view source thing I guess I'll try that too but when you look at some one elses code it seems a little encoded to you as its not the style of coding your used to ...