Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Send an e-mail to a POP3 E-Mail account

Thanks

Default Send an e-mail to a POP3 E-Mail account

How would I send e-mails through a POP3 E-Mail account?
    Specifically, G-Mail.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Can I please be informed on what POP3 is and some other stuff related to e-mail...

Thanks

Pfffffffft!

Look it up on Google or Wikipedia.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Yeah but doing that in something related to something like email usually results in two much information that does not get to the point which is why I asked you...

Thanks

You can't understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Google Result
    Short for Post Office Protocol, a protocol used to retrieve e-mail from a mail server. Most e-mail applications (sometimes called an e-mail client) use the POP protocol, although some can use the newer IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol).

Thanks

For the original question--

...you can't.
    You would need to write a program that logs onto gmail, etc. Have fun.

You can actually specify any from or reply-to email address, but that's phishing. I don't recommend it. If you're just sending from your own email, then that seems reasonable.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

G-Mail allows POP3 access.

Thanks

Well... yeah.
    But this is in the PHP section.

PHP can't just go and access pop3... I don't think, anyway.
    Maybe there's an extension.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Well, according to this: http://au2.php.net/imap
    It is.

But I just don't know how to use it

Thanks

No. From what I understand that allows you to operate an email server on your computer.
    You could access you@yoursite.com, not you@gmail.com

Now... perhaps there would be a way to configure the email server to use the specifications provided by google's pop3 access methods, but I really don't know.

Anyway... why?

As I said... just use the from and reply-to headers to manually input your email, then it'll work like that.