Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You have got to read this !...

Thanks

Well, I didn't say that comments were needed but if you want to comment then you want to comment...

Once a wise man once said to me "Never Look At Two Fish In A Pond As Your Eyes Will Bleed"... And he told me what it ment !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcbrainbuster View Post
    Never Look At Two Fish In A Pond As Your Eyes Will Bleed
    What?
    - Ryan "Boxxertrumps" Trumpa
    Come back once it validates: HTML, CSS, JS.

Thanks

A wise man told me that with it's meaning, he was the best coder had ever seen as well (more better than Twey and mburt put together)!!!

Thanks

more better, eh?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Yes thems' there coders' is more better then a wise man. (I'm pretending to be a hick)
    - Mike

Thanks

It's ME !!! LOL , I'm joking though don't take it seriously...

I was gettng board so I thought I'd make myself laugh...

Read djr33's reply, more better, eh ...

Thanks

a wise man. (I'm pretending to be a hick)
    Still, you.
    - Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    How's about we have an organised rewrite-a-script week? Everyone pick a script per day, and rewrite it to be object-oriented (where applicable) and standards-compliant, and to work in as many different browsers with as many configurations as possible.
    Cool idea.
    Where shall we start? What scripts?
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Doesn't really matter, just pick one. The more popular the better, I guess, but most of the really popular ones have already been rewritten by John. Make sure it's not one that's had its features incorporated into another, though, that would be fairly useless.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah there is a lot of bad code out there, for example, those people over at webdeveloper.com don't know what there doing . . .

Just kidding folks. But, seriously, as bad as some of the code is here on DD, we have many, many happy 'customers'. DD is one of, if not the most popular of javascript destinations. DD's scripts are used on countless web pages.

1. Javascript code doesn't have to be perfect to work.
    2. It does have to be understandable to the average non-javascript person in order to gain wide use.

DD is constantly working on improving the scripts offered in the libraries. As far as the second part goes, DD scripts are among the most accessible to non-coders on the web.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate