Advanced Search

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You have got to read this !...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Then here's my entry for today: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=85510. I've been meaning to submit this for ages, but never got around to doing a decent description for it
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbrainbuster
    How can a script annoy you ???
    Quite easily, in much the way the majority of scripts on DD annoy ricp Once you get a sense for the elegance of code, you'll understand.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Well the only time I get anooyed by a script is when MINE don't work...

Thanks

...Were talking about how the code's written. Whether it's browser-specific, or uses ActiveX. Just different things that aren't standard, or aren't highly recommended.
    - Mike

Thanks

I agree that not all the scripts here are ideal, but I think DD is great.

As far as the rewriting goes, I think it's a great idea.
    --Jas
    function GreatMinds(){ return "Think Like Jas"; }
    I'm gone for a while, but in the meantime: Try using my FTP script | Fight Bot Form Submissions

Thanks

In fact:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19432
    Twey is recreating the max form length script.
    - Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the idea is that you lot all pick a script to do as well
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I might do it when I have time, for some reason i'm gonna make the script pad as good as I can make it...

Thanks

A lot of the scripts on DD are just-for-fun silly page effects. And some are cooler than that.

Really, there is a point to what was said, but insulting DD and by associating the forums is a bit much.

The forums and the site differ greatly in that the site is more for newbies, with lots of silly scripts and such, whereas the forums, though they have that too, are used for more advanced coding, etc.

I don't particularly like the site portion of DD, mostly because I'm not that into javascript in the first place. But if I wanted a script like that, that's where I would go, and I certainly won't be driven away from the forums because of the site, or anything.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Well, what I think is that the following web languages SHOULD be learnt by any one webmaster as they give a great balance of client and serve side performance -

HTML
    CSS
    JavaScript
    PHP

Whats your viewpoint (everyone)?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't like PHP... it advocates reusing code a lot, and the way it intersperses the code in the HTML is detrimental to good design principles. That's not to say that good scripts can't be written with PHP, it's just that it tends to be harder, and PHP tends to set new programmers into bad habits. I recommend Python to newbies nowadays.

A good knowledge of HTML and CSS is vital, and Javascript, whilst optional, can be very useful.