Thread: Using <object> instead of <iframes> for HTML page inside HTML page?

Thanks

Default Using <object> instead of <iframes> for HTML page inside HTML page?

As the topic suggest, are there any drawbacks or limitations on using the <object> tag instead of the <iframe> tag to accomplish the same thing?

Since it looked like <iframe> is supposed to be phased out or something, <object> seemed to be the only alternative to me.

Ofcourse, much can be achieved with "just" AJAX, but if one really wants an inline frame, then....

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks

You can't display HTML pages with object (that of my knowledge). Use PHP includes instead.
    - Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think there are browser limitations... either IE or Firefox doesn't support it, I can't remember which.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mburt View Post
    You can't display HTML pages with object (that of my knowledge). Use PHP includes instead.
    Yes you can providing links below. And PHP includes is serverside, so sort of negates my idea. But thanks anyway.

Here are some links with examples:
    http://www.aplus.co.yu/web-dev/inser...her-html-page/
    http://intranation.com/test-cases/object-vs-iframe/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    I think there are browser limitations... either IE or Firefox doesn't support it, I can't remember which.
    The links i provided in the above post works in both IS, NS and Mozilla/Firefox for me anyway. But there might very well be some other limitations that I have missed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Really? I haven't used <object> that way, so I could be out of date. You're probably right.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!