Thread: JavaScript Help

Thanks

Default JavaScript Help

Hi , i am using javascript in flash to open a pop up window when a button is press in flash. The code seem to work with no problem in firefox, but it always come back with this error in Explorer. "Internet Explorer cannot download. unspecify error" Does any body know why this is happening and how i can fix this. the i used is below.

thankz in advance.

on (release) {

getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('download/1024.html','newWin','width=1024,height=768,left=0,top=0, toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=Yes'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");

}

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since our resident Flash expert is on a long and perhaps permanent hiatus, I will take a stab at this from a javascript point of view. IE has always had a problem with:

href="javascript:void(0);"

Especially when it comes to continuing to perform scripted or other dynamic actions on the current page, like Flash or an animated .gif.

Ideally, you would want to make this window open without tricking the browser into thinking that it is loading a new page in the current window. This is what getURL () does, it is saying, "load this URL"). I believe Action Script can open a window without getURL () but, I'm not sure. However, simply removing the:

void(0);

from your code might fix it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate