1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...jaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a menu on the index page, and all the content loaded with the Dynamic Ajax Content script. I've added a script to write the javascript part of the links so the html is clean, and linked that to the PollC function for initializing scripts with the DAC, as below:

Code:
function pollC(id, load){
if (!load&&document.getElementById(id)){
document.getElementById(id).id='';
return;
}
else if (load&&document.getElementById(id)){
//if (id=='unique_1')  //optional, and IE doesn't like it
loadLinks();  //required
return;
}
else if (load&&!document.getElementById(id))
setTimeout("pollC('"+id+"', 'load')", 60);
}

function loadLinks() {
if (!document.getElementsByTagName) return;
var anchors = document.getElementsByTagName("a");
for (var i=0; i<anchors.length; i++) {
 var anchor = anchors[i];
 var target = anchor.getAttribute("href");
  if (!anchor.getAttribute("href") || anchor.getAttribute("href").match("javascript") != null) continue;
  if (anchor.getAttribute("href") && anchor.getAttribute("rel") == "pages") {
   anchor.href = "javascript:ajaxpage('" + target + "', 'content');"
   anchor.onMouseDown=pollC('unique_1');
   anchor.onMouseUp=pollC('unique_1', 'load');
  }
  else if (anchor.getAttribute("href") && anchor.getAttribute("rel") == "external") {
   anchor.target = "_blank";
   anchor.title = "External Link: " + anchor.getAttribute("href");
  }
 }
}
If a loaded page doesn't have a link that's rel="pages" the call to PollC is lost in the menu, though the link remembers the "javascript" call. You can see what I'm talking about here: http://www.souris.us/temp/ Open "Musicking" and click on "Biography" - which has no links. Then open "Living-->Essays" and click on "Souris..." The link at the bottom has not been hit by the loadLinks function. If I add a link to the Bio page, I can follow the exact same sequence, and lo, it all works as intended.

I'm sure I could just add links to every page, but that feels like a hack, not a solution. Any ideas? And thanks in advance!!