Thread: faster queries

Thanks

Default faster queries

hi,

I have a program that queries my database for certain terms and as I looked at the code it seemed fast enough. I couldn't find a way for the query to be made more efficient. I may display the code in a different post later to see if it can be made more efficient.

The thing is I have an account at godaddy and I am wondering why the queries to my site take anywhere from .5 to about 4 seconds where as the google searches are practically instantaneous.

Could it be that many of the other sites out there that display results so much faster come up with faster results because they have servers that are so much faster and more powerful? Can better servers really make that much more of a difference?

Thanks

Faster servers (as well as connection speeds [bandwidth]) do play a part in faster queries as well as performance of scripts. Not sure what else to say here, but hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

yep, that helps, thanks.