Thread: Matrix Effect question

Thanks

Default Matrix Effect question

1) Script Title: "The Matrix" Text Effect

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...trixeffect.htm

3) Describe problem: In the DD demo version the letter columns are steady. In the download version, they jiggle around sideways a bit. How can the script be modified to keep the columns steady?

My second problem is that there is a column to the left of the chosen text. It's there in the "Dynamic Drive" version too. As this lengthens the run, how can I remove this column?

Thanks.

Robert

Thanks

I tried to use this in Front page, and can't seem to get it to work at all. I'm new to all this. I got a Fire Chief chomping at the bit for a website, and I need to dazzle him.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firemann25 View Post
    I tried to use this in Front page, and can't seem to get it to work at all. I'm new to all this. I got a Fire Chief chomping at the bit for a website, and I need to dazzle him.
    Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

Also, this other bit of boiler plate may be of use to you:

Quote Originally Posted by me often
    Well, you might be able to configure FP so as to allow you to insert code like this without it mangling it so much. Read the manual or Google for help on that. Another alternative, and what I recommend in all cases like this, is to get your page looking like you want using FP but without any scripts. Save a copy of that somewhere to work on later if the need arises. Next open the page in notepad or simple text (make sure word wrap is turned off in either of these) and add the scripts in according to the installation instructions, including any customization you've added. Never load this version of the page into FP ever again. To preview it locally, use the browser. To upload it, use FTP (preferred) or your host's online uploading tool.

Here is trick I ran across* that should stop FP from changing scripts but, since I do not use FP, I haven't tested it:

In a text editor open the page whose code you wish to preserve.

At the beginning of the section of code you wish to prevent FrontPage from modifying, add the following line of code:

Code:
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan --> 
    At the end of the code section, add the following line of code:

Code:
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan --> 
    Save the changes to the file. The next time the file is opened in FrontPage, FrontPage will not attempt to alter the code between the two HTMLMarkup tags. You still need to put the script into the page with a text editor.

*Posted in these forums by usace-lrc and perhaps others.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Firemann25

Thank you for your assistance